Senior Product Designer
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to become the default transactional database for the cloud. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
We announced a $188M Series C round at a $1.3B valuation in October 2021, however we very much believe we are still in the early stages of our company’s journey. The transactional database market is estimated to grow from $40B in 2021 to $64B by 2025. Given our database is cloud-native by design, has on-demand horizontal scalability, and allows for geographical distribution of data using built-in replication, we are extremely well-positioned to address the market need for geo-distributed, high-scale, high-performance wordloads.
- You will be asking a lot of questions
- Contribute your expertise to define and design projects across the company. That could include and not limited to working on YugabyteDB Cloud (our new SaaS offering), YugabyteDB platform (Our on-prem service), Documentation, YugabyteDB University, Our Design System etc.
- The ideal candidate will run lean internal or external usability tests to validate and improve your designs.
- Conduct user interviews and share user research findings and recommendations with the team.
- Work with product managers and engineers to iterate on and refine some of the existing experiences in the YugabyteDB Platform
- Create whatever artifact you believe is needed for that specific project. That could be a diagram, a wireframe, a high fidelity prototype, a simple pen and paper sketch or even a screenshot from a similar feature you’ve seen before.
- Collaborate with the engineers to ensure your interfaces look great when coded out.
- You will help suggest design solutions to bugs identified during QA.
- You will collaborate with the design team to define new processes that drive efficiency in working with the Product organization
- Experience designing great experiences for developer-focused products
- Being self-motivated, a go-getter attitude
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- You are opinionated yet humble. You love helping your colleagues learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow.
- The ability to ask tough questions
- Great interaction design and visual design skills and keep up with industry trends, technology, and tools.
- You are curious and enjoy taking on the challenge to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use.
- You are comfortable working on very broadly defined, loose concepts, as well as narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- You can be scrappy and entrepreneurial as well as specific and detail-oriented
- Make rational design decisions supported by design theory, data, business goals, and team principles.
- You are comfortable explaining your decisions to a cross-functional team that doesn't have the same background
We feel strongly about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one way to help achieve that. The cash compensation for this role is market competitive, with a range of $155,000-$200,000, as well as equity (when applicable), and benefits including health plans, retirement plans, and unlimited paid time off (PTO). Some roles also include variable/incentive compensation, or a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. The pay range for this position is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. The actual pay will vary based on factors including experience, qualifications, and skill level.
Something looks off?