Software Development Engineer in Test - Database
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to become the default transactional database for the cloud. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
We announced a $188M Series C round at a $1.3B valuation in October 2021, however we very much believe we are still in the early stages of our company’s journey. The transactional database market is estimated to grow from $40B in 2021 to $64B by 2025. Given our database is cloud-native by design, has on-demand horizontal scalability, and allows for geographical distribution of data using built-in replication, we are extremely well-positioned to address the market need for geo-distributed, high-scale, high-performance wordloads.
As a SDET you will be building, executing and analyzing tests with complex workloads for core database product with a vision of representing customer scenarios focusing on integration/system tests. You would drive the ease of use, cross feature integration, scalability, security etc. related improvements in YugabyteDB by sharing the contextual functionality knowledge and coordination with the internal teams.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain automation framework, system and functional test suites and contribute to Database platform development
- Test the product for performance, resiliency, security, scalability, and reliability.
- Fix defects identified via testing in Database platform
- Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, code paths, and overall behaviral characteristics of the products you test.
- Analyse and understand existing test coverage and test cases, identifying opportunities for redesign, replacement, reusability, and improvement in efficiency and performance.
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from tests and customer issues.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases. Be a champion for our customers.
- Go above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment in the Yugabyte platform.
- Strong programming skills (C++ or Java or Python) and experience in developing automation frameworks and testing tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or CQL.
- Professional experience in Databases and/or Distributed Systems.
- Customer Obsession – you are passionate about delivering a high-quality product.
- You judge our own success by the success of the team and the happiness of our customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you’re able to work with a wide variety of people and collaborate with geographically distributed teams and effectively communicating everything from data points to critical feedback
- Entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take on new challenges
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with BS in CS or equivalent technical degree.
Something looks off?