Team Lead, Client Experience - Risk
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world. We're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone.
Our Client Success team works closely with every part of Wealthsimple, learning the intricacies of how we build products, manage clients' money, and most importantly keep clients happy through direct engagement. At Wealthsimple, we are maker-owners, we believe that simple is better, and we do what's right for each client.
We are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
As a Team Lead on the Risk team, you will lead the team that facilitates a safer online experience for our clients and platform. This role is pivotal in connecting Wealthsimple’s Client Experience team with our Security team.
In this role, you'll:
- Accountable for a group of CXAs (10-15) performance and monitoring (input and output metrics)
- Lead employee development/coaching/mentoring
- Actively get your hands dirty and engage directly with clients by assisting CXAs with challenging cases or through escalations
- Set a high quality bar through consistent QA evaluations and provide timely feedback to individuals and team
- Be an active participant in evolving the team
- Develop a broad knowledge of Wealthsimple products and services. To ensure we can effectively drive the best outcomes for our most valuable clients, you must have the ability to effectively work with cross-functional stakeholders to get things done
a. Input Metrics: adherence, handle time, missed pings (live services), resourcefulness
b. Output Metrics; First Response Time, Resolution Time, CSAT, QA, Solves/Hour
c. Intraday channel optimization
a. Weekly 1:1
b. Monthly Grow
c. Quarterly Performance Review
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Possess a passion, curiosity, and energy for our products and services. You are constantly learning and using our products to refine your knowledge
- You are a natural coach! You are at your best when you are helping those around you be successful and you have a proven track record of success! This goes beyond just teaching your colleagues best practices, it includes assisting in development plans that help achieve your colleagues’ career goals
- Accountable to results. You are on top of your team’s performance (daily) and provide congratulations when earned and step in to help course correct when things are off
- Thrive in client-facing situations. At Wealthsimple, our clients always come first and you are an expert in de-escalation. You get energy from turning challenging client situations into memorable client experiences
- Resiliency is key because our journey will have its fair share of challenges to overcome. We are looking for people that see the world as glass half full and approach these challenges as opportunities to provide a better client experience
- Understand our principle of debate and commit - you feel comfortable defending your position and will focus on executing a decision after it has been made
- Set a high bar. This team services Wealthsimple’s most valuable clients and we are the best of the best
- A general understanding of fraud, AML prevention, cybersecurity, and risk management best practices is crucial for effectively guiding the team in identifying and addressing security and regulatory threats during client interactions.
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a proactive mindset are essential for identifying patterns and anomalies that may signal potential threats or more extensive incidents when reviewing team interactions or clients' transactions and activity logs.
- A problem-solving mindset is essential for identifying gaps and opportunities to improve our processes, efficiency, and resolution times, and ultimately create better client experiences in complex and challenging ticket drivers.
- Exceptional communication skills are crucial for liaising with clients during escalations, with internal teams (Fraud, Security, AML, Compliance, etc.), law enforcement, and other stakeholders, while prioritizing the client experience, trust, and confidentiality.
- A robust ability to inspire and lead the team through change management is key, as they navigate high-pressure interactions and must adhere to strict compliance and ethical standards to protect both clients and the organization.
- Minimum 3 years people leadership experience
- Have a proven track record of success (can be backed up with measurable results)
- Have experience owning client escalations
- Coaching someone to the next level in their career
- Experience navigating client interactions that involve risk or fraud
Nice-to-haves (but not necessary):
- Bilingual with a fluency in French and English
🤑 Competitive Salary
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.