Executive Creative Director
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Role
As our Executive Creative Director (ECD), you will define the vision for our Wealthsimple brand and lead a talented team of designers, writers, and producers to develop ambitious storytelling that takes our purpose to new heights. You will report directly to our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Rubina Singh, and be a part of the senior leadership team within the Marketing org and company-wide.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead the Creative team in the development and production of campaigns and assets across all communication channels and platforms
- Build a strong creative culture and centre of craft excellence
- Partner with Marketing leadership to develop integrated campaigns focusing on different client segments
- Provide guidance, direction, critical thinking, and actionable feedback on creative strategy, ideation process, and concepts
- Ensure quality and consistency in the delivery of the team’s work
- Maintain a deep understanding of the company strategy, product roadmap, as well as the client and consumer experiences
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as Product (and Product Design), Client Experience and Legal leadership, as well as external agencies
- Coach and empower a strong team of Managers and Directors to bring your collective vision to life
- You bring creative leadership experience with the ability to motivate a team through an ambitious brand vision
- You have proven craft discipline in either Design or Writing
- You have a strong business mindset with ability to connect creative vision and our business strategy and needs
- You have a proven track record of personally delivering compelling work and innovative creative concepts
- You have experience building and evolving consumer brands [a mix of in-house and agency preferred]
- You have led in-house creative teams and scaled design systems across multiple platforms and products
- You advocate for strong creative ideas across every platform and understand the long-term importance of building a strong brand
- You’re a thought leader. You’re always advocating and experimenting on the latest best practices within industry to constantly improve design and performance results
- The opportunity to evolve an established and well-liked brand excites you
- You are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work culture that encourages collaboration, innovation and belonging, allowing everyone to contribute their best work
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.