Manager, Fund Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world, and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Under the direction of the VP Operations, Fund Operations will contribute to the operational functions related to the Alternative Investment Funds manufactured by Wealthsimple.
In this role you will:
- Be a leader of the newly created Fund Administration function responsible for managing the funds created by Wealthsimple Investments Inc as an Investment Fund Manager.
- Work directly with the Asset Management, Compliance, Product and R&D teams to ensure the accuracy of the records we hold for clients and alert them to any operational issues encountered.
- Take ownership of the fund creation, onboarding and management process liaising with Fundserv, Fund Administrators, custodians and Sub-advisors of the Alternative Investment Funds.
- Consult with Legal partners on the review and negotiation of contracts with Fund Administrators and Custodians
- Ownership of Fundserv process and relationship including account reconciliation, agreements, new requirements
- Be a subject matter expert on Fundserv from a fund manufacturing and dealer perspective.
- Troubleshoot, manage and proactively resolve order rejections, trade differences with various parties involved in the end-to-end fund process.
- Use data to identify inefficiencies and propose solutions.
- Develop processes to increase the efficiency of our back-office operations.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has significant experience working at a fund management or asset management company. This person has experience launching new funds, onboarding funds onto custodians, working with fund administrators and sub-advisors.
- Has expertise managing settlement of orders, distributions, redemptions on Fundserv and capital calls.
- Can review periodic trade, position, bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Is passionate about technology, specifically fintech and the alternative investment space.
- Is organized with a strong attention to detail and comfortable working with a large set of data under tight deadlines.
- Has awesome people skills and a positive attitude. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Possesses strong Excel skills and familiarity with Google suite.
- Is naturally curious: if something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on.
- Has completed or are pursuing industry courses (CAIA, CSC, CFA etc)
- Has experience or familiarity with programming (especially SQL). This is a nice to have.
See more open positions at Wealthsimple
Something looks off?