Scientific Data Architect / Senior Scientific Data Architect- EMEA Remote
Who We Are
TetraScience is the Scientific Data and AI Cloud company with a mission to radically improve and extend human life. TetraScience combines the world's only open, purpose-built, and collaborative scientific data and AI cloud with deep scientific expertise across the value chain to accelerate and improve scientific outcomes. TetraScience is catalyzing the Scientific AI revolution by designing and industrializing AI-native scientific data sets, which it brings to life in a growing suite of next generation lab data management products, scientific use cases, and AI-based outcomes.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
Who You Are
You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with fellow team members, customers, field engineers, executives, and inspire them to do their best.
You relentlessly strive to excel in your craft. You are passionate about building, observing and operating distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production and are willing to challenge the boundaries of the scale.
You consistently seek understanding and clarity. You look at every interaction as an opportunity to learn. You aren’t afraid to ask questions. You have the humility and confidence to not be the smartest person in the room.
What You Will Do
- Translate scientific data workflows into a solution leveraging the Tetra Data Platform
- Own, scope, prototype, and implement solutions ranging from:
- Programmatically interrogate proprietary instrument output file
- Data structure design using JSON schemas
- Python-based parser development
- Lab software (e.g. ELN/LIMS) integration via APIs
- Data visualization in Python (using frameworks like Jupyter Notebooks or Streamlit and plotting tools like hvplot or bokeh) and/or BI tools (like Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI)
- Interview customers to understand key scientific and business requirements
- Work with customers to test and ensure a solution fulfills their requirements and solves their need
- Real-time problem solving by quickly internalizing customer needs or feedback, synthesizing the results, and proposing solutions
- Proactively communicate implementation progress and deliver demos to customer stakeholders
- Lead sprint-planning and prioritization for your use case or account
- Facilitate internal project retrospective meetings and identify areas of improvement or productizable components
- Assist product team to build and prioritize roadmap by understanding customers’ pain points within and outside Tetra Data Platform