Senior Software Engineer
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
- Develop microservices, and RESTful APIs for TetraScience Platform deployed on AWS.
- Build the next generation of our Data Lake and Data pipeline infrastructure that can handle petabyte level data scale and more.
- Deliver a top quality product following the agile software development methodology.
- Partner with the product management team to take the vision and ideas and turn them into reality.
- You will be comfortable working with a globally with geographically dispersed team, in various time zones.
- You will learn, grow, and be challenged. You will speak up and represent your position amongst peers and leadership, while remaining resilient and open to constructive feedback.
- You will sometimes make tough compromises, or find things take longer than you want them to, or need to work extra hard to convince a colleague of your position.
- 8+ years of experience developing and launching products in a Cloud and or Enterprise environment.
- Experience in building Platform Architecture and Microservices / Containerization technologies.
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies such as AWS (EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda, SQS, etc.).
- Proficiency with SQL Data stores.
- Experience with ETL, data integration, data pipelines and data lakes.
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table.
- Experience in MLOps or AI / ML is a strong plus
- Life science background or have worked in similar industries is a strong plus
- 100% employer-paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + office as needed.
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position