Product Manager Lead (AEC)
At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love. Our fast paced and aggressive time-to-market product development teams are moving at lightning speed to provide an amazing customer product experience. If you can think fast, analyze fast, and develop ideas fast then become part of our transformational team that is going to change the way cars are designed, distributed, and purchased for everyone across the globe in the automotive industry.
- Deeply understand and embody the voice of the customer.
- Be in front of the users, do qualitative research and define and track quantitative product metrics.
- You will then be communicating to the team a deep understanding of our users, and the data about how our customers engage with our products.
- Drive new product initiatives.
- Own and drive products/features from ideation through implementation, launch and iterative enhancements.
- Work closely with the design team to craft amazing product experiences that delight our customers and see those come to life working with the engineering team, focusing on excellent execution.
- Establish rapport with colleagues across all departments including Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Sales, Business Development, and work collaboratively with them to streamline communication and processes.
- You will specifically be a point person our internal stakeholders will look up to for answers or direction on anything related to your products.
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to your product and help define the product roadmap to constantly stay ahead of the curve.
Skills and Experience
- Experience: You have 7+ years of product management experience within B2B SaaS.
- Execution: Demonstrated ability to execute on a product roadmap while working with offshore resources and coordinating with internal/external stakeholders to manage expectations and timelines.
- Leadership: Demonstrated experience with management of direct reports of product resources and mentorship of product teams.
- Stakeholder Management: You effectively communicate product updates, milestones, and strategy to internal stakeholders, including executives and cross-functional teams. You engage with customers to gather feedback and incorporate it into product improvements.
- Curiosity: You are exceptionally curious about new products and how users will respond to them and ensure you have the data to back up your roadmap requirements.
- Empathy: You deeply understand how customers think. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You enjoy creating delight and measuring it to ensure success is achieved.
- Excellent communication: You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers. You have a proven plan to ensure everyone is aligned on the product vision and execution timeline.
- Appreciation for quality: You are very enthusiastic about your favorite products and can articulate why they’re incredible. You are excited and proud to build a premium brand and have a track record of working on products with a sustainable future.
- Team Leadership: You can effectively lead and mentor a team of product managers, providing guidance, feedback, and support to ensure their professional growth and effective product management. You will foster a collaborative and innovative product culture within the team.
- Experience working in the automotive industry, and specifically with different aspects of dealership management systems
- Strong technical background
- Experience building complex enterprise-level B2B software
- MBA from a top-tier global business school or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth start-up with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- A dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- The open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Please note that this position will involve up to 25% travel to meet with customers and partners.
The salary range for this position is $135,840-$229,800. The salary range describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position across applicable US locations. The actual compensation offered may vary from the posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. In addition to the compensation listed, this position is eligible for equity compensation.
Current Tekion Employees – Please apply via Greenhouse Internal Job Board
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.