At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
This role will be responsible for managing all corporate financial planning and analysis activities, including the consolidation, preparation and management of the annual plan, quarterly financial forecasts and long-term strategic plan. The Director, Corporate FP&A will play a key role in developing the operating rhythm for the company and help scale processes for company-wide financial reporting and planning. This leader will drive the planning process, own the financial planning tool, influence business decisions and drive organizational priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Will be a strategic leader reporting to the CFO and regularly interacting with leadership while building out this important function and ensuring financial practices and success across departments within Tekion.
- Lead the financial planning processes across the company, including long-term strategic planning, annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reports - analyzing operating and financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Lead ad hoc financial modeling and analysis for special projects; build detailed financial models for scenario planning Develop and track KPIs to provide business insights to department leads and executive management, leveraging knowledge of key financial and operational drivers.
- KPI Reporting: Support business units with reporting on key operational, sales, and financial metrics.
- Recruit, manage and mentor FP&A analysts as the company grows. Lead, inspire and develop a team.
- Perform such other tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time in the Company’s discretion.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for budgets, policies, and procedures to support overall departmental functions.
- Lead financial systems and process optimization, capturing efficiencies and simplifying data structures.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, or another quantitative major
- 10+ years’ of relevant experience with software or technology companies in a FP&A area
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience in financial modeling skills with the ability to create solutions and communicate results to executive management.
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills, and ability to understand complex business drivers and product high-quality analytics and communicate results.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Experience with a range of accounting ERPs and FP&A software
- Demonstrated success working with individuals across all departments and job levels.
- Ability to handle competing deadlines – and shifting priorities – with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Superior problem solving and project management skills with the ability to proactively manager numerous projects with deadlines.
- Experience working globally with partners across different time zones.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a FP&A arena in a SaaS or tech company
- Consulting or Banking experience is an added plus.
- Exceptional communicator and analytic skills with the ability to present concepts, recommendations, and analyses an executive team in a clear, concise, and actionable manner
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from Silicon Valley’s most dominant and
- successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth start-up with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and greatest technologies
- A dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- The open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
The salary range for this position is $161,100-$257,200. The salary range describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position across applicable US locations. This position is also eligible for a bonus whereby total compensation may exceed base salary depending on individual performance. The actual compensation offered may vary from the posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. In addition to the compensation listed, this position is eligible for equity compensation.
Current Tekion Employees – Please apply via Greenhouse Internal Job Board
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.