Software Engineer - Platform Integration
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst is looking for an experienced Platform Integration Engineer to build new integration libraries for both Starburst Enterprise and Starburst Galaxy. If you have experience building libraries for Windows and macOS, we want to talk to you! Ideally, you are already familiar with ODBC, JDBC, or OLE DB, and how they’re used by modern Windows apps such as Power BI, Tableau, and others. You’ll work closely with our dynamic, talented, global engineers while emphasizing quality and speed to insights.
As a Software Engineer at Starburst you will:
- Take on building a new generation of integration libraries for both Starburst Enterprise and Starburst Galaxy.
- Work cross-functionally with customer support, product management, and engineering to build the next generation of connectors to empower our customers
- Build a fantastic Windows/macOS client user experience
Some of the things we look for:
- At least 5 years of experience developing/releasing/supporting client-side components for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Depth of knowledge and a genuine sense of curiosity around all things data, and how data can be used to help a business grow
- Knowledge of or experience with: ODBC drivers, modern (2011 or newer) C++ development, packaging components for Windows, macOS or Linux
- Experience with AWS services including S3 and EC2
- Fluency in SQL
- Experiencing with enterprise data platforms and data lakes/lakehouses
- Familiarity with Python or Java
- Knowledge of other public cloud (Azure or GCP)
- Interest in Data warehousing and ELT/ETL
Nice to have:
Where could this role be based?
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
See more open positions at Starburst
Something looks off?