Senior Director, Product Management
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst is looking for a Senior Director of Product Management to lead and scale a team to accelerate the development and growth of our newest product, Starburst Galaxy. In this role you will inspire and rally teams across Starburst to define the vision, evaluate market opportunities, analyze industry trends as well as customer needs, and prioritize features and improvements. You will work closely with your counterparts in Engineering, UX, Marketing and Sales to drive excellence in customer experience and execution.
As a Senior Director of Product Management at Starburst you will:
- Oversee Product Management work in your teams, to ensure that development effort meets user needs, is aligned with company goals, and ships product in a consistent, plannable cadence
- Hire, develop, mentor, and provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities to Product Managers on your teams
- Relentlessly listen and proactively reach out to customers through a variety of channels
- Drive Product Management best practices to improve consistency and sustainable organizational growth
- Drive alignment with partner organizations including Engineering,UX, Marketing, Sales and Support
Some of the things we look for:
- 15+ years of experience in product management with 5+ years of experience in leadership
- Demonstrated leadership and product management experience with a complex, SaaS product
- Data Lake or data analytics industry experience.
- A proven track record for defining visions and executing strategies that create real business and customer value in fast-growth or large-scale companies
- Analytical abilities to qualitatively and quantitatively understand sophisticated problems. You can gather, prioritize and translate customer and business requirements into successful product strategies
- Influential leadership and interpersonal skills that enable you to communicate and manage relationships across the organization.
- Experience with defining and measuring key business and usage success metrics
Where can this role be based?
- United States
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.