Lead Enterprise Solutions Architect APAC
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst Lead Enterprise Solutions Architects are responsible for the successful customer adoption of our products. In this technical lead position, you will be customer-facing and highly technical, you will work directly with our customers to ensure their overall success with Starburst’s product offering. You will partner with field sales representatives to own the technical aspects of the sales cycle, customer evangelization, and qualification process, from discovery calls to closure, and you will mentor other Enterprise Solutions Architects in the APAC Region. Responsibilities include demonstrations of Starburst capabilities, technical sales presentations, delivery of educational sessions and/or technical workshops to regional customers and partners, running proofs of value, providing guidance for migration from legacy platforms, and assistance with customers moving to production. Solutions Architects are Starburst experts who will provide technical leadership, data management, and analytics experience and consultation.
As a Solution Architect at Starburst you will:
- Grow and retain accounts by owning the technical aspects of the sales cycle and working closely with sales representatives to drive customer projects to closure
- Shape prospect evaluation requirements, define success criteria, educate and advise customers, and participate in the qualification process
- Be an expert in our products and services by designing and building demos, presentations, reference architectures, and custom integrations
- Perform overall system and SQL performance tuning and migrations from legacy systems
- Act as the voice of the customer during internal product engineering discussions
- Collaborate with Engineering and Support teams for critical customer operational issues and questions
- A willingness to travel to customers throughout the APAC region as needed
Some of the things we look for:
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing technical roles
- Experience in field sales/field consultant
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to respond dynamically to questions in real-time
- Expertise in ANSI SQL, understanding of Data warehouse usage and concepts, experience with Cloud deployments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Readiness to travel to and working from multiple customer locations
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.