Technical Support Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
As our technical support engineer, you will be talking directly to active and prospective Snyk customers every day. You’ll join our Customer Success team, and you’ll work directly alongside our talented engineering team to help solve the most complex issues.
You’ll spend your time:
- answering our users’ questions through email, chat, and GitHub issues;
- understanding, reproducing and (where you can) resolving the issues that our customers encounter;
- diving into our codebase to figure out where the issue lies and what a good solution might look like;
- for tricky issues, filing tickets for our engineering team to resolve;
- ensuring that every user facing an issue knows exactly when they’ll hear back from us and how we’re doing with solving their problem;
- listening to our users’ needs, keeping track of recurring requests, and representing their voice in product prioritization discussions;
- improving our support processes, so that as we continue to grow we can keep providing prompt and delightful service.
As the main point of contact for our customers, you’ll play a critical role in building and maintaining their trust. You will need to balance the needs of our enterprise customers with those of our self-service online users, so that we can build a sustainable business while also contributing to the open source community.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape what best-in-class technical support looks like, and to help us get there. That could be through writing customer documentation and FAQs, or developing your technical skills by working on tooling for the Customer Success & Support team, for example dashboards or integrations between tools we already use (like Slack, Intercom, and Jira).
- Over time, we’d love for you to lead the support aspects of our Customer Success team, or to transition into a developer role in the broader company.
What You’ll Need:
- You love helping people, and care deeply about providing an excellent customer experience.
- You take a logical approach to solving problems and prioritization.
- You are a clear communicator, both verbally and in writing, and you enjoy explaining things to others.
- You are curious: you love to explore new challenges, but know when you need guidance from someone with more domain experience.
- You’re interested in security or open source software, and you believe in our mission.
We’d be Lucky if You:
- You’re interested in developing your technical skills: you’re excited about working with others’ code, and you have used GitHub or other source control tools.
- You have previous experience working closely with technical teams. Perhaps you’ve provided support for a technical product, worked in QA, or are taking your first steps to becoming a software engineer.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances