Director, Engineering - Machine Learning / AI
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for an impact-driven software engineering leader to join our AI/ML group to help shape the way developers and security teams secure their code through artificial intelligence.
In your role, you will support and lead a talented team of researchers and engineers bringing AI capabilities to all parts of the Snyk platform. Snyk has long been a leader in AI, and in this role, you’ll be responsible for Snyk’s constantly-evolving AI platform. You’ll work with other leaders across Snyk to integrate the Snyk AI Platform into all areas of our product portfolio. You’ll collaborate closely with product and design teams to drive practical and valuable applications of AI across Snyk’s user experience. As an AI leader at Snyk, you help drive the technical roadmap and build the future of the Snyk AI platform. This work will be fundamental to how developers and security teams secure their code without compromising on speed of delivery. .
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Helping craft the direction and vision of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Snyk
- Supporting Engineering Managers hiring, onboarding and training great engineers, in a geographically-distributed environment
- Managing and supporting career development, pay, promotion, and performance reviews
- Helping the teams understand and maintain a balance between speed of delivery and quality of the product
- Owning the team’s on-call process and rota, and be a point of escalation for incidents
- Supporting and/or drive cross-team, group, or R&D initiatives that may include people, delivery, and ways of working
- Collaborating closely with Product Management and the GTM functions, especially as it related to selling and understand the crucial role AI plays in the Snyk platform
What You’ll Need:
- Depth of knowledge of Machine Learning / Ai / Program Analysis
- Proven experience directly line managing Engineering and Senior Engineering Managers and Staff / Principal Engineers / Researchers
- Indirect management of an engineering group up to 30+, with capability to scale and grow further
- A track record of strong product collaboration in the delivery to market of customer facing products
- Experience of leading teams through the design and build of enterprise ready products, in a complex ecosystem
- Partnering closely with your technical lead on setting and driving technical vision, mission, and strategy in line with business goals
- To be a member of the Engineering leadership team, collaborating on department wide initiatives
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience building SaaS products
- Understand the CyberSecurity domain
- Have hired and built team in Romania, specifically Cluj
- Understand and have led security research and analysis teams
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?