Senior Devops Engineering Manager
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
No developer should have to choose between security and reliability. We will ensure that Snyk is dependable, with a reliability track record that encourages developers to embed Snyk in their workflows.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who is passionate about DevOps, reliability, performance, and empowering their team to take ownership for shipping continuously and reliably to production. You will also be influential in magnifying these practices and approaches throughout the organisation.
Your team will own the reliability (SLOs) of key customer workflows, and run the applications that most influence Snyk’s reliability and performance.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Managing a team of mixed expertise including: software engineers, reliability engineers, and database experts
- Setting and achieving reliability improvement goals for the services your team owns
- Setting, measuring, and reporting against key KPIs and metrics for the services your team owns
- Ensuring we are solving the right problems by sourcing input from multiple channels and prioritising effectively for maximum impact.
- Providing team members with regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring
- Influencing other teams’ roadmaps to ensure that reliability goals are met
- Applying software engineering approaches to reliability, ops, and infrastructure challenges. We strongly practise IaC and have a Cloud Native ecosystem of platforms and tools.
- Developing strong partnerships with Snyk’s R&D teams, creating continuous feedback loops that enable the business to adopt tooling, practices, and approaches coming out of your area.
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- Very experienced in leading engineering teams
- Experience running production systems reliably, at scale
- Familiarity with modern reliability and performance engineering approaches
- Have experience in hiring and growing engineers.
- Have a well rounded background in hands-on engineering roles covering software development, infrastructure, and reliability aspects.
- Have experience of influencing and implementing multiple architectural patterns, and have keen observations about what works and what doesn’t.
- Experience making data-informed engineering decisions.
- Have successfully built strong feedback loops into the Product and Engineering organisations, with an ability to wield influence and credibility to galvanise the adoption of new tooling and practices.
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Believe that DevOps is an outcome, not a role.
- Are passionate about all things security and reliability
- are excited by Snyk’s mission, open-source, or developer tools
While we are looking for candidates with existing experience with our tech stack we believe curiosity, communication, and the ability to learn are most important.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $200 Million, announced on September 9, 2020, from investors such as Stripes and Salesforce Ventures, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?