Director, Total Rewards
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
The Director, Global Total Rewards will provide overall strategic oversight and guidance for the company's approach to global compensation, benefits, equity, and wellness programs. The Director will develop and implement global compensation programs, including salary, bonus, and equity plans, as well as global benefit and wellness programs. The ideal candidate should possess senior-level experience developing compensation philosophies for publicly traded companies with complex and matrixed organizational structures. Ideal candidates will have a proven history of influencing executive leadership with deep subject matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, and a passion for creating programs that contribute to great company culture. As a champion for workplace excellence, the ideal candidate will have robust management and leadership experience, having directly built, managed, and coached a team.
You will serve as a go-to resource for key stakeholders, including but not limited to Talent Advisory Partners/colleagues and business leaders. You will work closely with the VP of People Services and the Chief People Officer in reporting and presenting to the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Reviewing and upgrading current compensation programs; leading the proposal, development, and implementation of necessary changes to align with Snyk’s growing, global business.
- Developing job architecture and career pathing across Snyk and within our different functions, considering the uniqueness of each
- Leading successful annual compensation planning, including the execution of base salary, bonus, awards, and all related communications and administration
- Providing thought leadership on compensation issues, including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements, and compensation structures
- Establishing compensation budgets and guidelines for global locations in partnership with Talent Business Partners and Finance. Establishing and maintaining alignment between performance management and succession planning processes and pay programs
- Overseeing design of stock compensation program as aligned to new hire and ongoing/refresh grant packages, with a focus on retention and meaningful rewards, balanced with fiduciary responsibility
- Leading the design, annual planning, and implementation of the company’s global benefit programs, including health and welfare, 401(k)/retirement, voluntary benefits and wellness initiatives
- Drive the global design and local application and engagement of a comprehensive and engaging Wellness program, including access to tools and vendors, educational and participatory engagement, and data-driven allocation of resources to ensure value and utility of programming.
- Establishing standard policies for administration and communication of all benefit programs
- Preparing annual compensation budget information and providing ongoing analysis in comparison to budget. Supporting the preparation of analysis and materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or related field
- 10+ years advancing experience in Compensation or Total Rewards. Demonstrated success developing, implementing, and leading total rewards programs for complex organizations with global operations.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into clear, influential communications and to manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously while working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to developing and growing a team, and proven ability to manage consultants and external vendors for execution
- Experience presenting and working with board and compensation committees
- Prior experience with Workday
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and thorough knowledge of compensation plan designs and administration. Proven experience in data analytics is a plus
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills. Prior experience working with executive leaders, teams of cross-functional employees, and multiple partners and stakeholders
- Proven skill and understanding of change management with the ability to influence stakeholders with competing priorities and differences of opinion towards a common goal and solution, enabling decision-making
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Experience coordinating preparation of executive compensation disclosure information
- A creative thinker willing to take strategic risks and test innovative ideas to move the company forward.
- Have compensation certifications (ex. CCP)
- Have a strong work ethic and a high sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Be genuine and authentic - a positive and collegial leader whose natural style employs persuasion and influence rather than command and control. Foster a positive, respectful, and inclusive work environment in every respect
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?