Sr. Enterprise Customer Success Manager
SALT Security is first to market with its API Protection Platform, that detects and prevents zero-day API attacks with the power of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
APIs are at the heart of the infrastructure enabling inter-system communication of highly sensitive data. Attackers were the first to identify that APIs are a lucrative point of entry, as evident in the increased number of API security breaches with enterprises such as Equifax, Instagram, Snapchat, PayPal and many others.
The majority of API attacks target the heart of applications by manipulating the application logic itself. These attacks are easily missed by today's security measures, since the API calls may seem completely legitimate and benign. Therefore, modern attackers have an upper hand by flying undetected and under the radar.
Sr. Customer Success Manager
At Salt, we’re passionate about what we do. We work as a team and embrace new ideas, wherever they come from. We also enjoy all the benefits of a startup environment, including solving a diverse set of challenges, quickly seeing the results of your work, and making a substantial impact on our customers and company. Want to make a big difference from day one? We encourage you to apply!
The Sr. Customer Success Manager position is a pivotal role for Salt Security and we consider Customer Success and Support at Salt Security to be a strong competitive differentiator. We are looking for a high-energy individual who is passionate about solving a critical security need for our customers and delivering a world-class customer experience. You are obsessed with customer product usage, adoption, and ensuring that our customers derive maximum value from their investment with Salt. And you will not rest easy until your customers are successful. You bring value to every working relationship, and working cross-functionally is second-nature to you. This is a hands-on role. Your executive communications, value-oriented business reviews, customer training, and project-management experience will enable you to jump in quickly and do exceedingly well with our customers. If you are someone who likes to proactively guide customers to the next stage of value, be at the frontlines of customer management, and speak passionately on behalf of the voice of the customer, you'll be successful here. And, we believe you’ll have a blast in this role.
- Own and manage a high-value book of business, supporting customers from kick-off to project planning to training, adoption, and renewal
- Nurture and deepen customer relationships from customer users/operators to executive stakeholders
- Support your customers in prioritizing their API security goals and connecting the dots between business value and technical use cases. Be your customers’ trusted partner in building business value from their API security goals
- Develop mutual action plans and project plans with customers to advance time-to-value and then to progress them through the Customer Journey toward each level of product maturity
- Work with the TAMs to map out key stakeholders and personas in your accounts. Partner with the TAMs and Support team to explain network security, the API ecosystem, AppSec, WAFs or similar security products and concepts to customers of all backgrounds and experiences
- Demonstrate and amplify the Salt value to our customer’s executive stakeholders
- Balance the important details with the big picture - leverage your project management skills to maintain accurate details, notes, and next steps with customers using internal tools, while keeping their priority goals and definitions of success front and center
- Partner with TAMs, Sales, and SEs to deliver Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to customers
- Articulate and train customers in Salt’s industry-leading best practices. Contribute to customer success knowledge gathering and methodologies
- Bring an empathetic, active-listening, outside-in perspective to your engagement with customers
- Become a trusted advisor for your customers by ensuring you understand, proactively articulate and advocate for their collective voice and needs internally
- Work with cross-functional account teams and Sales Ops to gather and track key customer data; work with Product Marketing to communicate value-oriented messages at-scale to customers
- As in any high-growth startup, contribute to growing and build the team and company. Advance our systems and processes. Build faster and easier ways of completing projects. Work together with us to advance our collective success
- 7+ years of experience in customer management, management consulting, sales engineering, or account management, preferably in SaaS environments
- Previous experience in project management and managing enterprise-level customer relationships, including senior-level stakeholders
- Ability to “translate” technical concepts to customers of all skill levels and backgrounds
- A proven track record of success in delivering exceptional customer experience
- Executive-focused written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent: preference for business, finance, communications, project management, or related degrees