Cloud Security Engineer
SALT Security is first to market with its API Protection Platform, that detects and prevents zero-day API attacks with the power of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
APIs are at the heart of the infrastructure enabling inter-system communication of highly sensitive data. Attackers were the first to identify that APIs are a lucrative point of entry, as evident in the increased number of API security breaches with enterprises such as Equifax, Instagram, Snapchat, PayPal and many others.
The majority of API attacks target the heart of applications by manipulating the application logic itself. These attacks are easily missed by today's security measures, since the API calls may seem completely legitimate and benign. Therefore, modern attackers have an upper hand by flying undetected and under the radar.
APIs form the foundation of the application innovation needed to drive business success today. Across banks, retail and transportation, IoT, autonomous vehicles, and smart cities, every web and mobile app depends on APIs. Without secure APIs, businesses cannot rapidly innovate. Salt Security has delivered the only patented solution to identify and prevent API attacks, using Big Data and AI to thwart this top threat to businesses today.
About the position
We are seeking a Mid-Level Cloud Security Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security of our infrastructure and data, as well as managing the day-to-day operation and maintenance of our Cloud/SasS Security systems. The candidate should have public cloud experience and expertise in SaaS security, Cloud security, ZTNA systems and concepts, IPS, IDS, DLP, CASB, SIEM, MDM (Jumpcloud), and Okta EDR.
To learn more about Salt Security’s R&D - https://tinyurl.com/salt-rnd
Who we are
At Salt, we’re passionate about what we do. We work as a team and embrace new ideas, wherever they come from. We also enjoy all the benefits of a startup environment, including quickly seeing the results of your work, making an outsized impact on our company, and solving a diverse set of engineering challenges.
Want to make a big difference? We encourage you to apply!
What you will do:
- Design & implement and maintain security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls for cloud environments.
- Provide expertise and support for SaaS security, Cloud security, ZTNA systems and concepts, IPS, IDS, DLP, CASB, SIEM, Mail relay, vulnerability scanners
- Develop and maintain documentation for our security systems and security procedures for cloud environments.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the integration of security into all aspects of our IT & Security infrastructure and operations for cloud environments.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest security trends, technologies, and best practices
Who are you?
- At least 3 years of experience in IT and Security Engineering/ Network Security, with a focus on security in cloud environments.
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS - A must.
- Expertise in Security Systems and concepts: SaaS security, cloud security, IPS, IDS, ZTNA systems and concepts, DLP, CASB, SIEM, Mail relay, Vulnerability scanners
- Familiarity with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools and techniques for cloud environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail for cloud environments.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to lead projects with cross-functional teams.
Preferred (but not mandatory) experience:
- Experience With GCP and Azure
- Experience with Snyk