Product Designer (UI/UX) - remote friendly
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2022
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
Join us to craft the ultimate finance solution, all while continuously improving your skills and expertise
The product design team at Qonto currently counts 25+ highly-skilled Product Designers, from all over the world, working in cross-functional teams to shape our Design.
👩💻🧑💻As a Product Designer at Qonto, you will
• Design meaningful products. From discovery to delivery, you will bring your expertise into delivering value that will help millions of SMEs to run their businesses efficiently and in a delightful way.
• Play a key role in shaping the evolution of the product through your work on our design system.
• Grow with the team. As part of our ambition for continuous improvement, you will engage with your peers on a daily basis to challenge your practices and improve, both individually and collectively.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring the product roadmap and business strategy to life.
🧠What you could work on
As part of our Design Studio, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. Some examples of these CFTs include:
Giving our users the cash-flow flexibility they need to empower their businesses, though smart and transparent solutions.
Making it smooth and seamless for our users to prepare their accounting, so that they can benefit from on-point strategic insights and focus on what matters most.
✈️ Onboarding: Guiding users through a seamless and frictionless sign-up experience for existing and creation companies.
💸 Get Paid: Creating a simple and efficient invoicing tool to help our users get paid faster and easier while building a smooth relationship with their clients.
🤔 What you can expect
• Join a large design studio of 80+ talented designers
• Collaborate with a variety of profiles and expertise: Product designers, UX Writers, System Designers, Frontend Engineers, etc...
• Contribute to building an international brand with ever-evolving challenges (eg. currently redesigning some parts of our product)
• Elevate your career by bringing your design projects to reality and seeing tangible results. Take ownership of your professional growth by working in tandem with your manager to continuously advance and improve.
🤝 Your future manager
We are currently recruiting for one of our teams managed by Aryaman.
His background: Aryaman has 7+ years of experience in product design. He is an entrepreneur and has worked with various unicorn startups from India.
What he can bring to the team: Aryaman’s ambition is to build a team of passionate designers and to create an environment in which they can achieve excellence and pride in their work. He will be the perfect manager for you to grow and reach your personal goal within Qonto.
• Strong design “craft” skills: You excel in designing meaningful, & delightful experiences for desktop and mobile. You leverage your design system expertise to create scalable and cohesive solutions.
• Strong analytical skills: You have methods to break down problems into pieces, extract product characteristics that are required to match customers’ expected performance, and formulate them into UX/UI solutions.
• Continuous improvement: You thrive to get better every day even if it means learning from your own mistakes.
• Leadership: You have a strong sense of commitment, accountability, and ownership, on both individual tasks and group projects.
• Communication: You naturally communicate with your manager(s) and peers, and are confident when it comes to getting people buying in around your proposed solution(s).
• Languages: You are fluent in English to engage with all international team members within the company.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 28 days of paid leave
- A Hrmony lunch card: 100% covered
-100% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.