Senior Product Manager - remote friendly
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2021
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
We're looking for Senior Product Managers who are excited about building the finance solution that will help small and medium businesses succeed.
As a Senior Product Manager, you'll be building features and improvements, taking part in product strategy, and creating a great user experience, by solving a wide range of problems.
At Qonto, product development is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, operations, and other key functions. You'll be joining a group of experienced Product Managers led by Sisi & Maxime, our Heads of Product with a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products.
👩💻🧑💻As a Senior Product Manager at Qonto, you will
• Drive Value Analysis: We are looking for Product Managers who obsess with delivering value to our users, by articulating complex problems, setting a compelling vision, and driving the outcome.
• Steer Value Engineering: You will work with Engineering, Design, and other teams and conceive, design, and develop market-leading products that fit our users' needs.
• Build knowledge: At Qonto, learning is one of our core values. You will be in charge of building expertise in your product area, by combining customer research, analytics, and market analysis.
The teams we are currently hiring for include:
The team responsible for all things SEPA (making sure our customers can pay and be paid by SEPA payments as fast as possible by anyone at a fair price), SWIFT (making sure they can get paid via SWIFT & checks and send SWIFT transfers anywhere at a fair price), and Ledger (storing transactions in an accurate, scalable and auditable way).
Building and selling cards that customers need, use and that always work.
Protecting our customers' most precious resources: time, energy, and focus, thanks to integrations and services that seamlessly fit within their workflows and connect with their favorite tools, complementing Qonto’s offering.
Want to hear one of our Lead Product Managers talk about our challenges? Click 👉here 👈
🤔What you can expect
• To join a product-oriented scale-up with a strong Product culture, alongside a distributed team of 40+ Product Managers, and an in-house design studio of 50 people. You'll learn to become a better Product Manager thanks to well-defined standards to which you will also be contributing.
• To help drive the Qonto Product in the very competitive, fast-paced, and innovative fintech industry.
• To have a direct impact on Qonto's success as you'll be working on one of our product verticals (ex: professional account, spend management, cashflow management, bookkeeping) and to work within a small autonomous cross-functional team
🤝 About your future Heads
Their Path? Developed strong expertise in their domain and a strong understanding of what should be a « Product » for a FinTech company. Their respective backgrounds in engineering, consulting, and core banking systems, helped them to develop their current team who has been growing fastly for 3 years. Heads talented leads like Olivier, Joséphine, Bruno who also manage also a team of 50+ PMs
What they can bring to the team? Upon joining Qonto, they create a very international (IT, ES, DE, FR), technical & user-facing team. They will be the best mentors to help you solve digital pain points and build relevant products that require cracking compliance, risk, and technical aspects of banking. With them, you will learn the best product practices, and push the boundaries of your expertise!
• Experience: You already have strong experience in a tech or product role ideally gathered in a scale-up environment.
• Problem solver: You have strong problem-solving skills. You obsess with coming up with the best possible solutions to fit our users' needs.
• Tech fluency: You are constantly curious to understand how things work. You are able to navigate in a technical environment.
• Impact maker: You are motivated by the opportunity to improve the lives of customers.
• Insight-driven: You have a desire for becoming an expert on a given topic, combining customer focus, analytics, and market insights.
• Communication & collaboration skills: You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precisely articulating customer problems.
• Project Manager: You know how to coordinate projects and bring them to life with strong attention to detail.
• Languages: You have excellent English communication skills to engage with all team members within the company.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.