Legal Litigation Internship (July - December 2024)
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Our mission? Making day-to-day banking easier for SMEs and freelancers thanks to an online business account that's combined with invoicing, bookkeeping and spend management tools. Thanks to its innovative product, highly reactive 24/7 customer support and clear pricing, Qonto has become the leader in its market.
Our journey: Founded by Alexandre and Steve in July 2017, Qonto has rapidly gained trust, serving over 450,000 customers. Thanks to our wonderful team of 1,400+ Qontoers, we also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Customer focus | Prioritize customers in everything you do
Ownership | Own your part, get things done
Teamwork | Make (team)work easy
Mastery | Continuously raise the bar
Integrity | Always do what’s right, and respect people
Our beliefs: At Qonto, we're committed to fostering a welcoming environment where everyone can thrive. We prioritize evaluating applicants based solely on skills and potential, ensuring diversity with 50% international team members, 44% women, and 20% parents. Join us in building a workplace that celebrates diversity and individuality.
⭐ Mission: Join our dynamic legal team as a Legal Intern - Litigation, diving into varied legal cases, and playing a pivotal role in managing our litigation backlog. Under the guidance of Maxime Chabin, you will contribute to shaping our legal strategies and ensuring our operations adhere to the highest legal standards.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Legal Intern - Litigation at Qonto, you will:
• Conduct thorough legal research ensuring our legal strategies are built on solid grounds, dealing mostly with French Banking Law involving civil liability.
• Assist in drafting precise legal responses at the pre-litigation stage.
• Collaborate with the litigation and legal team to review lawyers' submissions and contribute to case strategy discussions.
• Work across departments, liaising with Back-Office, Anti-money laundering, and Customer Service teams to ensure a cohesive approach to legal challenges.
🤔 What you can expect:
• Engage in hands-on work on a variety of legal cases from day one, gaining unparalleled experience.
• A supportive environment that values learning and self-management, offering opportunities for growth.
• Interaction with a diverse set of stakeholders, enriching your professional experience.
• Access to a super nice international team, fostering a dynamic and inclusive workplace culture.
🤝 About your future manager:
• Maxime Chabin brings years of experience in litigation and legal strategy, offering mentorship that will accelerate your learning and professional growth.
• Known for fostering a collaborative and supportive team environment, Maxime is dedicated to helping you succeed and grow in your role.
🏅 About You:
• Pursuing a degree at the Paris Bar School or a master’s program in law.
• Proficient in legal research tools.
• Fluent in French and English, with German language skills being a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to manage your time effectively, handle multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail.
• Strong communicator with the ability to work well in a team and manage relationships with various stakeholders.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive disability, and parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average, our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.