Senior Go Backend Engineer
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2024
Our mission? Making day-to-day banking easier for SMEs and freelancers thanks to an online business account that's combined with invoicing, bookkeeping and spend management tools. Thanks to its innovative product, highly reactive 24/7 customer support and clear pricing, Qonto has become the leader in its market.
Our journey: Founded by Alexandre and Steve in July 2017, Qonto has rapidly gained trust, serving over 450,000 customers. Thanks to our wonderful team of 1,400+ Qontoers, we also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Customer focus | Prioritize customers in everything you do
Ownership | Own your part, get things done
Teamwork | Make (team)work easy
Mastery | Continuously raise the bar
Integrity | Always do what’s right, and respect people
Our beliefs: At Qonto, we're committed to fostering a welcoming environment where everyone can thrive. We prioritize evaluating applicants based solely on skills and potential, ensuring diversity with 50% international team members, 44% women, and 20% parents. Join us in building a workplace that celebrates diversity and individuality.
As a Senior Go Backend Engineer in the Corporate Automation team at Qonto, you’ll drive the transformation of our Internal Information System, moving from a high-maintenance toolkit to a streamlined ERP-powered environment. You’ll be the architect of change, ensuring our corporate operations are efficient, scalable, and ready for Qonto’s future growth
👩💻🧑💻 As a Senior Go Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will:
• Collaborate extensively with Finance and HR to deeply understand their technological needs and workflows.
• Implement value analysis and engineering best practices to eliminate manual reporting and create a seamless automation process.
• Develop and maintain a project roadmap, ensuring timely delivery and scalability of finance and HR technology solutions.
• Serve as a bridge between Finance/HR and IT/Security teams, fostering communication and ensuring technology integrity across departments.
🤔 What you can expect:
• A ground-floor opportunity to shape the financial technology landscape of a pioneering FinTech company.
• A role with significant scope for exploration and innovation across various domains with no ceiling on what can be achieved.
• Direct impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of internal teams, driving user-centric solutions and receiving immediate feedback.
• A collaborative and supportive environment where autonomy and organization are valued and encouraged.
• Being part of a team that's passionate about delivering solutions with a real impact on Qonto's operations and success.
🤝 About your future manager:
You'll be reporting directly to Kévin, who is known for his user-centric approach and commitment to delivery excellence. He values autonomy and encourages his team to take ownership of their projects.
🏅 About You:
• Experience: You have at least 2 years of hands-on experience coding with Go, around 10 years as a backend engineer and a passion for developing user-centric solutions.
• Mastery: Your project management skills are top-notch, with a proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and within scope.
• Autonomy: You are an autonomous worker who thrives in roles that require initiative and self-direction.
• Bonus: While not required, experience with application architecture and familiarity with tools like Workday or Coupa will set you apart.
• Location: You are based in France, ideally in or near Paris, to facilitate collaboration with our teams.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive disability, and parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average, our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.