Head of Internal Audit
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
As a fast-growing, regulated payment institution active in 4 countries, Qonto has now reached a stage where it needs to properly set up the three line of defense framework, with a dedicated person responsible for the Internal Audit function.
The Head of Internal Audit will be responsible for providing independent assurance on risk management, governance, and internal control processes to enhance organizational efficiency and ensure regulatory compliance. In other words, they will play an instrumental role in ensuring that Qonto can scale and sustain growth safely.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Head of Internal Audit at Qonto, you will
• Design and deliver on our 3-year audit planning
• Manage the relationship with Deloitte, our external audit provider
• Setup and run on-site missions, with the help of Deloitte’s teams of experts
• Make sure recommendations from past audit missions are effectively implemented
• Report to the Executive Risk Committee and to our Board Audit & Risk Committee
🤔 What you can expect
• Pioneering the role: lay the foundations, set the standards, and shape the vision for Qonto’s internal audit function
• Overseeing an innovative landscape: stay abreast of emerging technologies and innovations in the fintech space to ensure audit methodologies remain effective and relevant
• Opportunity to learn and grow: get to know Qonto’s inner workings and learn from Qonto’s executive leadership team, before moving on to a more operational role
🤝 About your future managers
• Reporting directly to Alexandre, our CEO, you will work under the guidance of one of Qonto’s founders, with the objective of providing him, the rest of the Executive team, and the Board, with the assurance that our processes are robust and our risks are in checks
• Being also part of the Founder’s unit, you will join the team of Philippine, our Chief of Staff. You will leverage its closeness with the Founders and the rest of the Executive team, to drive maximum impact from your audit missions while enjoying being part of a small team working for the smooth functioning of the organization.
🏅 About You
• You have 10+ years of internal audit experience, preferably in the banking or wider financial industry
• Expert knowledge of audit principles & techniques
• Strong knowledge of EU prudential and AML/CFT laws
• Proven experience with auditing payment activities, and/or the Fintech space
• SQL proficiency and Internal Audit qualification (e.g. CIA) would be a plus
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.