Head of Accounting and Consolidation
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2023
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as Head of Accounting and Consolidation. As the leader of our accounting and consolidation department, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial accounting operations, managing the consolidation process, and ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations.
In this position, you will report to Hadrien our Head of Accounting, Tax & Treasury, and will partner with Senior leaders across various functions to support the company to reach the next level.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Head of Accounting & consolidation at Qonto, you will:
• Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in both local GAAP and IFRS for all group entities
• Continuously improve our accounting and reporting tools and processes, with a strong focus on the quality of reporting, the reliability of figures, and the accuracy of analysis
• Manage the relationship with our external auditors and other accounting partners
• Lead and develop a lean, engaged, and high-performing team, while partnering across the Finance team to add to our team norms, mission, career paths, and goals
• Work closely with functional leaders and support company initiatives, by taking part in cross-functional projects or and deep-diving into complex operational & financial topics
🤔 What you can expect:
• To work closely with Hadrien and the Finance Leadership Team, as well as operational teams, and to be part of our strategy by making Qonto grow
• To actively contribute to the development of the Finance function in one of the most promising European scale-ups
• To work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
🤝 About your future manager
Your manager will be Hadrien, who is our Head of Accounting, Tax & Treasury:
• His path?
Prior to joining Qonto where he was the first Finance team member, Hadrien worked in various environments in Finance, the latest being Slimpay, a Fintech startup where he served as a Financial Controller, gaining valuable expertise in financial control and reporting. Now, with approximately 10 years of experience, in both Finance and Accounting, Hadrien is leading the accounting, tax, and treasury team at Qonto composed of 17 talented individuals, and has extensive knowledge of Qonto processes and regulated financial environments
• What he can bring to the team?
Hadrien will bring his expertise in Scale up and Fintech companies. He will support you in stepping up into the role and developing and structuring the accounting function. He will give you all the keys to master the Qonto environment and continuously make you grow and learn
🏅 About You
• Experience: at least 8+ years of experience in a leading audit firm or in a senior finance position within a Corporate in financial accounting, consolidation, and reporting, with comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, international financial reporting standards (IFRS), and relevant regulatory frameworks
• Mastery: strong attention to detail, and a commitment to maintaining accuracy and integrity of financial information.
• Leadership skills: strong track record of building and managing a high-performing team, with the ability to lead by example and the willingness to make the team grow
• Communication: excellent communication skills with the ability to structure your thoughts and derive action plans for your team to execute, as well as the ability to communicate efficiently across all staff and stakeholders levels
• Languages: you are fluent in English and another European language (French, German, Italian, or Spanish) is a definite plus
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.