IFRS Project Manager
Posted on Friday, July 7, 2023
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
Join us to manage the IFRS transition for a fast-growing company operating in Europe!
You will be responsible for providing IFRS accounting expertise and ensuring compliance with all requirements.
👩💻🧑💻 As an IFRS Project Manager at Qonto
You will have a substantive specialized role within a Finance team of 25, and work closely with the Head of Accounting, Tax & Treasury.
You will be tasked to:
• Manage the transition> Take an active role in the transition of norms & standards by implementing IFRS at the company level
• Development of material > Develop guidance documents on IFRS and audit working papers for compliance with norms & Standards, ensure the development of accounting and legislative application guide
• Advice and support > You will provide technical opinions and perform reviews on the Annual financial statement, you will also perform research and follow the IFRS developments and translate them into concrete impacts for our company.
• Control quality> Perform internal quality monitoring and control review and review the appropriateness of audit reports’ opinion
🤔 What you can expect
• A High-growth working environment providing plenty of opportunities for your continuous professional growth
• Space for own ideas, experience, analysis, and critical thinking
• An intellectually challenging role within a leading international company
• A position where you will be involved in many complex IFRS transactions. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to manage the analysis and process implementation required for IFRS conversions of a fast-growing company.
🤝 About your future manager
Your manager will be Hadrien, who is our Head of Accounting, Tax & Treasury.
• His path?
Prior to joining Qonto, Hadrien worked in various environments in Finance, the latest being Slimpay, a Fintech startup where he served as a Financial Controller, gaining valuable expertise in financial control and reporting. Now, with approximately 10 years of experience, in both Finance and Accounting, Hadrien is leading the accounting, tax, and treasury team at Qonto composed of 17 talented individuals.
• What he can bring to the team?
Hadrien will bring his expertise in Scale up and Fintech companies. He will support you in creating your own role and developing the function from scratch. He will give you all the keys to master your topics and continuously make you grow and learn.
🏅 About You
• Strong IFRS technical skills, ability, and experience with the application of IFRS theoretical guidance in a practical and pragmatic manner in order to provide added value.
• Experience in interpreting and applying IFRS regulations to real-world scenarios.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you can work both independently and in a team, have a sense of initiative, are critical, and has a very strong capacity for analysis. You're a multitasker who can deal with deadlines and you can defend your opinion clear and structured.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex accounting concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along ☺️
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.