Account Executive Outbound
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000+ Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
The Account Executive is responsible for qualifying calls, demos & closing from outbound leads; and can be involved in chasing interesting prospects.
You will join our fast-growing Sales Team compound of ∼30 people and split between Inbound, Outbound, and KAMs. Our Outbound team is still small but growing quickly and we are looking for an adventurer with an entrepreneurial mindset ready to contribute to this growth!
👩💻🧑💻As an Account Executive Outbound at Qonto, you will:
• Understand prospects’ needs, and gather key prospect information to generate interest;
• Understand prospects’ decision process, buying cycle & key contacts;
• Bring in successful customers by initiating new deals, running personalized demos, opening new accounts, and signing contracts;
• Work with the Lead Gen team to identify and research relevant sales targets (verticals, customer segments, etc) in France;
• Gather market feedback and provide inputs to drive continuous improvement in particular the product features our prospects expect us to develop.
🤔 What you can expect
• Taking part in the development of one of the top European scale-up;
• Working on keys topics for the future growth of Qonto;
• Join a startup within the startup;
• Hyper-growth mode;
• Casual & hands-on mindset;
• International environment.
🤝 About your future manager
• His background: After a first experience in Foreign Exchange Fintech, Quentin was a Sales manager at Funding Circle, the UK leading Peer-to-Peer Finance provider for SMEs, he led a top-performing team of 10 outbound sales representative before coming over to Paris to grow and develop the Outbound Sales channel at Qonto
• What he can bring to you: Together with the other Sales team Lead, Quentin promotes healthy competition between team members whilst continuously coaching individuals to grow and outperform themselves on a daily basis. Quentin has huge experience in fostering team spirit and promoting quality Sales techniques in a fast pace and driven environment, which is the perfect combo in a dynamic scale-up like Qonto!
• Entrepreneurial mindset: you want to help us develop our Outbound department;
• Resilience: you are combative and you love challenges;
• Curious mindset: you are intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, fast learner, and excited by a dynamic startup environment;
• Customer-centric: you know how to anticipate clients’ needs to offer outstanding onboarding, bring relevant solutions, and build long-term relationships with your clients;
• Experience: you have at least 1 experience as Account Executive, BDR or SDR;
• Languages: you speak both French and English fluently;
• Tools: you have already used a CRM (Salesforce would be a plus), and have a good knowledge of LinkedIn Sales Navigator and/or Lusha;
• Mastery: culture of continuous improvement;
• Education: you have a Master's degree or equivalent.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- A central fully-renovated building in Paris with WeWork services
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
See more open positions at Qonto
Something looks off?