Senior Payments & Fraud Risk Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
The Senior Fraud & Payment Expert will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and monitoring operational risks related to all payment means Cards, SDD, Cheques, Transfers, Instant Transfers… and more particularly the risks related to Fraud.
As a young payment institution, Qonto delivers new features every month and adds more and more ways to be paid or get paid. The Senior Fraud & Payment Expert will play an instrumental role in ensuring that Qonto can scale and sustain growth safely.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Senior Fraud & Payment Expert at Qonto, you will
• Support the Product team in designing and launching new products
• Act as the incident commander in times of crisis, in case of Fraud wave or incident related to payment means
• Develop and maintain operational risk management frameworks and policies in accordance with the different payments schemes and rulebooks
• Act as the main source of knowledge for any payment means at Qonto
• Monitor and report on operational risk exposures and incidents to the executive team in quarterly risk committees
🤔 What you can expect
• Being the key point of contact for payment means and the associated risks or fraud patterns
• Working in fast pace environment, with new features and projects on a regular basis
• Opportunity to mentor more junior members of the team
🤝 About your future manager
• Reporting directly to Arnaud, our Head of Risk, you will work under the guidance of a seasoned professional with over 12 years of experience in the Financial Services industry. With a background in Big 4 consulting and Fintech, Arnaud has a proven track record of launching financial products and defining the best risk framework to properly quantify and assess the risk.
• Arnaud's experience and passion for building statistical models using the latest techniques will be a valuable asset in your work. He brings a wealth of experience from his previous roles as a Data Scientist, Consultant, and Risk Manager.
• Experience with the risks associated with payments (Fraud, Recalls, …)
• Strong knowledge of at least one payment scheme: Cards, SDD, Cheques, or Transfers
• Strong knowledge of risk management frameworks and methodologies
• Experience with risk assessments and audits
• Experience with dealing with Emergency Business & Continuity Plan
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along. 😀
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.