Head of Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, September 5, 2022
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
The Qonto 🇫🇷 Partnerships Team is in charge of building and maintaining a partner ecosystem aiming at improving our customer acquisition, experience, and usage (driving retention & ARPU); as a Head of Partnerships your mission is to manage & develop your team in order to deliver performance and progress on the team’s North Star objectives & KPIs (customer acquisition, retention, and ARPU) with clear planning, OKR & tools.
You will report to our Managing Director France, and manage a team of 10+ talents with 3 Direct Reports: Accountant Program Team Lead, Trade Marketing Team Lead, and Business Developer Team Lead.
👩💻🧑💻As a Head of Partnerships at Qonto, you will:
• Empower and embody the France Partnership Strategy: Shape the local partnerships' business strategy, demonstrating passion for the ecosystem, and anticipating market & opportunities.
• Drive Growth Qonto’s growth: Identifying opportunities aligned with Qonto and potential partners' customers, utilizing strong negotiation skills to secure favorable deals, and taking ownership of the entire Go-To-Market with the support of the team (storytelling, customer offers, business models, tracking, marketing, communication plans, and cost and impact analysis)
• Develop a Strong Partnership Team: Ensure the team is appropriately staffed, offer coaching and continuous feedback for team success, and promote a performance mindset.
• Develop strong working methodologies and ensure data-driven recommendations and decisions: Implement and optimize tools, methodologies, and processes, establish customer-centric and data-driven practices, collaborate cross-functionally to enhance tracking solutions, and ensure accurate forecasting and reporting.
🤔 What you can expect
• Interact with the most beautiful Startups and Key tech players;
• Working on key topics for the future of Qonto;
• Hyper-growth mode;
• Casual & hands-on culture;
• International environment.
• Proven Leadership: You have achieved exceptional results through effective team management and the successful development of leadership talents.
• Partnerships experience: You have 3-5 years XP in business development and partnership creation, from implementation, launch, and build to deal execution in a FinTech or Tech scale-up.
• Customer-centric: You will understand our target customers and how to provide them with the best experience (esp. through product developments and integrations/customer journey);
• Data-driven: You are able to develop our Partnerships’ Tracking, Reporting, and forecast; an super comfortable with basic modeling in order to build a strong business model & business case (for partners and internal purposes);
• Communication skills & commercial acumen: You are able to pitch, convince, and negotiate with high-level stakeholders; You are able to articulate complex situations in a simple manner to convey meaningful messages & communicate efficiently;
• Understanding of the ecosystem: You’ll use your business sense to build a strong understanding of our ecosystem, from accountants to Next40.
• Languages: You speak both French and English fluently.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.