Anti Money Laundering/CFT Officer - German market
Posted on Thursday, August 4, 2022
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
The AML/CFT team, referring to the Operations department, performs operational controls to ensure our client base is not exposed to Money-laundering or Terrorist Financing risks.
You will join a team of 3 people, led by Khadra, our Team Lead for the German Market. You will perform operational controls to ensure our client base is not exposed to Money-laundering or Terrorist Financing risks.
👩💻🧑💻 As AML/CFT Officer - German Market at Qonto, you will
• Analyze the relevance of our client’s financial flows regarding their activities (alerts transfer validations).
• Communicate with the customers and counterparts in order to obtain key information.
• Take appropriate action in case of detection of an anomaly on the client's account
🤔 What you can expect
• Hyper-growth & international environment (40+ AML Officers)
• Responsibilities and decision-making
• Room for improvement in the AML department
🤝 Your future manager
• Her path? Before joining Qonto, Khadra worked 4 years in Munich as a Compliance Officer. Since 2 years, she has helped the expansion of the AML team at Qonto by working both in the French & German markets. She is currently leading the German AML team.
• What she can bring to you? Her great knowledge of the company and her expertise in AML-related topics. She will listen to your proposals and leave you with complete autonomy, always being available to help you and achieve the objectives together.
• Experience: You have at least a first experience as an AML/CFT Officer in the banking sector (up to 3 years)
• Problem-solving: You have been trained in problem-structuring and analysis in a consulting firm or bank for at least 6 months
• Organization skills: You are extremely rigorous and curious
• Analytical mindset: You are comfortable with numbers (master Excel is a plus)
• Synthesis: You have a capacity for synthesis and know how to look at the big picture in your subjects
• Languages: You are both fluent in German and English
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 23 days of paid leave + 5 additional days of paid leave
- Alan (Seguro) health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
-A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.