Tech Lead Backend Engineer - remote friendly
Posted on Friday, June 3, 2022
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
🌏 Location: You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're within a +/- 3 hours CET timezone
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Tech Lead Backend to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love!
⚡ Impact: As a Tech Lead Backend, you will be part of a team of 120 highly skilled Backend Engineers from all over the world. You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will participate in the discussions on the direction of our product, manage how we'll handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Tech Lead Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Provide technical leadership on large complex technical projects
• Mentor junior & senior members of the Backend team
• Build a great product by shipping efficient features
• Produce and ship high-quality, well-documented code
• Produce software designs to support overall scalability and long-term maintainability
🤔 What you can expect: get to know our working methodology, the Qonto Way
• We highly value the analysis phase on software delivery, placing a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing. In this manner, you're expected to really focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
• We foster an environment that enables our engineers to be proud of their work, as we believe that this is the route to success.
• We think that success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and authority to improve yourself, our systems, and our standards. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
• Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, code mostly in Ruby, Goland and Python, and dedicate themselves to one feature at a time.
🤝 Your future department Head
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is Guillaume. With a deep background in software craftmanship, he collaboratively shapes the backend vision alongside Gabriel. Before joining Qonto in October 2020, Guillaume served as an Engineering Manager in fast-scaling, product-driven companies like Algolia.
• What can he bring to you and the team?
Guillaume brings extensive experience in team management and a strong DevOps culture, and he's enthusiastic about nurturing our engineers' growth at Qonto. You will have the opportunity to work in a team that prioritizes high-quality software. He also cultivates and champions a highly collaborative workplace while embracing ambitious and challenging technical tasks.
• State of art engineering practices: Testing, refactoring, domain-driven design...
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, who is interested in solving hard problems and delivering value to the users
• Impact maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by hundreds of thousands of users and leave your mark
• Team player: You value collaborative analysis, group work, pair programming, code reviews
• Languages: You are fluent in English
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 22 days of paid leave + 32 hours of ex festivita
- Fondo Est health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with FitPrime
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.