Sales Development Representative Intern (End-of-study internship)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2022
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
As a Sales Development Representative Intern, your role is to generate opportunities for the Account Executive team. Thus, you will have a key role in our outbound acquisition strategy!
You will join a team of 8 people led by Quentin, our Lead Sales Outbound.
👩💻🧑💻As a Sales Development Representative Intern at Qonto you will
• Generate Outbound opportunities for the Account Executive team by identifying, contacting, advising, and qualifying companies;
• Prospect famous companies by scrapping the correct decision-makers with the goal of helping Qonto expand its portfolio of clients.
• Collaborate with our Account executive and provide him with valuable information that will help him to close deals;
• Follow up on marketing-generated leads and conduct research to evaluate their relevancy for Qonto;
• Conduct phone surveys in order to better understand our prospects, and to build and enrich our database;
• Participate in events (such as Salon des Entrepreneurs, etc.) to proactively approach new clients.
🤔 What You Can Expect
• Taking part in the development of one of the top European scale-up;
• Hyper-growth & International environment (#Next40);
• Learning and improving your ways of working every day.
• Hands-on & collaborative culture
🤝 About your future manager:
• His background: After a first experience in Foreign Exchange Fintech, Quentin was a Sales manager at Funding Circle, the UK leading Peer-to-Peer Finance provider for SMEs, he led a top-performing team of 10 outbound sales representative before coming over to Paris to grow and develop the Outbound Sales channel at Qonto
• What she can bring to you: Together with the other Sales team Lead, Quentin promotes healthy competition between team members whilst continuously coaching individuals to grow and outperform themselves on a daily basis. Quentin has huge experience in fostering team spirit and promoting quality Sales techniques in a fast-paced and driven environment, which is the perfect combo in a dynamic scale-up like Qonto!
• Experience: You have done a first internship before (ideally in a sales department in a start-up/SaaS industry)
• Resilience: You are combative and you love challenges
• Communication skills: You are able to listen and communicate with external and internal partners; you are also able to write email sequences in order to chase your prospects
• Curious mindset: You are curious, open-minded, adaptable, a fast learner, and excited by a dynamic startup environment
• Languages: You speak both French and English fluently
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along. 😀
⚠️ Certain of our perks and benefits are only available to employees on permanent contracts
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
- Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.