Revenue Manager & International Controller
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
We’re looking for a partner to our Finance, Sales, Deal Desk, Legal, Bizapps, and Product teams to maintain G/L records in our subsidiaries and process accurate revenue transactions related to Podium’s fast growing customer base.
As Revenue Manager, you will support the Accounting team by being the primary contact in charge of revenue recognition policies. Additionally, you will be assisting in billings processes, month-end close reporting process for revenue and ad hoc finance projects as needed. Podium has a high volume of billing transactions, so technical ability is important as we connect the dots systematically between billing systems, ERP, payment processors, and our product.
As International Controller, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of our international subsidiaries. You will work with local accountants and contractors to maintain the G/L, manage operational processes, track compliance, and perform a treasury role.
- Lead the revenue recognition process in accordance with ASC 606 and other applicable accounting standards, ensuring accurate and timely recognition of revenue across various product offerings and geographies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Finance, Sales, Deal Desk, Legal, Bizapps, and Product teams to ensure that revenue recognition policies and practices align with contractual terms and business strategies
- Monitor and analyze large or unusual customer contracts, identifying potential revenue recognition complexities and documenting conclusions.
- Generate insightful financial reports and analyses to support strategic decision-making by senior management.
- Draft and update technical memos to document conclusions reached as part of new product and packaging offerings in accordance with ASC 606.
- Be the internal accounting expert for both SaaS and merchant processing revenue streams.
- Manage international accounting activities, including consolidations, inter-company transactions, and foreign currency translation adjustments.
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and controls to ensure consistent and accurate financial reporting across all international entities.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for the international operations, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all relevant standards.
- Ensure compliance with international tax regulations and reporting requirements in collaboration with tax specialists.
- Manage international cash flow and liquidity.
- Mentor and develop a team of finance professionals, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth.
- Collaborate with external auditors and support the audit process to provide necessary documentation and explanations.
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and enhance documentation and controls.
- Ad hoc projects as they arise across various teams (e.g.: preparation of audit support).
- Be flexible in a constantly changing and high growth business environment!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; Master’s in Accounting (MAcc) preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is required
- Minimum of 2+ years public accounting experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in revenue recognition, international accounting, and financial reporting
- Previous role(s) in external audit and revenue accounting
- Technical knowledge of revenue recognition standard ASC 606
- Technical revenue knowledge around merchant processing accounting a plus
- Proficiency in using accounting software and ERP systems; experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce; Salesforce Billing is a plus
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Process oriented with an appreciation for financial controls
- Experience with multi-currency is a plus
- Open and transparent culture - Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.