Vertical Marketing Lead
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
As the Marketing Vertical Lead, you will serve as a pseudo “CMO” for your vertical and become the go-to expert on understanding customer needs, pain points, and the industry landscape. You will play an integral role in Podium’s acquisition efforts,and be responsible for crafting marketing strategies and rolling up your sleeves to execute that strategy to cost effectively drive new customers from your vertical.
The ideal candidate is an action-oriented, former management consultant or strategist with a passion for marketing. You love to solve ambiguous problems using data-informed decision making and drive results. You possess exceptional critical thinking skills, a customer-centric mindset, and an excellent track record of building strategies that drive growth.
What you will be doing:
- Own the Strategy & Hit Revenue Goals: You will build and own a comprehensive and cost effective marketing strategy for your assigned vertical to hit or exceed Podium’s bookings targets. You’ll build out a roadmap and be accountable for executing strategy across channels like go-to market Partnerships, Influencer, marketing in external trade publications, facebook groups, forums, threads. You’ll attract prospects by building and disseminating content and webinars in highly relevant topics. You will continuously analyze performance and iterate on your approach to maximize new customer growth with your space.
- Drive our Partner Network: Partner marketing is a core vertical channel for Podium and you will be responsible for developing the strategy and executing highly effective marketing campaigns to high leverage partners in service of converting these prospects into paying customers. You'll also tap into this partner network to build a pipeline of influencers to serve as evangelists for Podium.
- Understand the Customer: The customer will be at the core of your work. You will identify their pain points and needs, understand their business operations, figure out best channels by which to reach them and how to speak to them in terms that will resonate and establish Podium as a credible source in their industry. Your strategic insights will shape our go-to-market approach & you will be responsible for disseminating insights across the marketing and broader org.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: As the Vertical Manager, you will collaborate with Sales, Product, Support, and other leaders to align vertical efforts across the organization. Your ability to build strong relationships and drive alignment will be crucial to build campaigns that resonate with our customers and prospects.
- Content Leadership: Generating vertical-specific collateral, trade show playbooks, UGC style videos (with the help of the creative team) and other marketing campaign documents for partners, influencers, and trade shows will be a part of your creative responsibilities. Your vertical expertise will ensure our messaging is finely tuned to resonate with the target audience.
What you should have:
- 2-3 years of experience in Management Consulting or Strategy + 1-2 years in Marketing drafting campaign strategy and tactics. Your analytical thinking, strategic mindset, and problem-solving skills will be crucial in understanding market dynamics and creating effective marketing strategies.
- Exceptional bias to action and a passion to build and execute on marketing strategies that drive significant bookings impact with minimal hand-holding.
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity Tableau and SQL to drive insights using data and analytics
- Customer-centric mindset; your ability to empathize with customers and put their needs first will be a key differentiator.
- Collaborative mindset; your ability to work with different teams and adapt to various situations will be essential in driving successful marketing campaigns
- Interest in owning several marketing channels and creating conversion-oriented content
- Open and transparent culture - Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.