Strategic People Partner (Enabling)
Welcome to our talented People Team that looks after our 800+ Pleo’ers…yes, you heard that right!
We’re now looking for someone special to join our small but mighty Strategic People Partnering team. Someone who will be partnering with our Enabling domains and competencies having a critical impact on how Pleo evolves through our next maturity phase.
We are looking for someone with some solid People Partnering experience and/or maybe some interesting subject matter expertise you can bring into play in our team.. The core of your success is really to understand the business goals and translate that into effective people partnering, i.e. understanding what organizational and leadership initiatives will enable business success. We value diversity in our team - so many of our partners bring a competency spike from other functions or experiences, so we really want to know what yours is - and how that can build the team further?!
On top of that, we are looking for someone that feels comfortable being our leaders’ coach, i.e. someone who is really good at understanding how to unlock the potential of our leaders and leadership teams through the right questions at the right time. We believe in authentic leadership in Pleo - a big part of your role is enabling that through effective coaching and feedback. Besides being a coach, you feel comfortable stepping into a strategic advisory role - and you are not afraid to hold leaders accountable for effective leadership. Lastly, you drive seamless execution - whether on strategic organizational projects, upskilling leaders on leadership processes, or collaborating with our other People teams to improve current offerings. You just love seeing progress and impact in the domains you partner for!
Sound like you? Keep reading on!
Some of the fun you will have…
In 2022, we implemented a new operating model, where all of our amazing Pleo’ers both have a competence home and an execution home. This allows us to continuously adapt to business and market needs, setting strong execution teams to tackle our problem spaces that enable our vision and strategy. The perfect candidate has experience from working in a similar operating model and understands how to set strong executional product teams - while also building our craftsmanship in our competencies to enable execution.
- Set the people strategy with commercial Domain Leads to unlock our product roadmap through our people
- Co-deliver an organizational health strategy with your Domain Leadership teams that will enable business outcomes
- Enable effective workforce planning with Pleo leaders - and always be two steps ahead partnering with our Competency Leads on capability and capacity needs for the future
- Build strong relationships with your critical stakeholders so that you become a trusted advisor and leadership coach
- Project manage and execute on various people initiatives and keep our People domain accountable to customer impact and experience.
- Design and implement people products along with our SMEs in our People domain that will enable our leaders to be effective in their roles
- Proactively drive the proper dialogues at the right time to inspire change
- Be the ethical compass in the business - ensuring equity, fairness, and human-centricity in everything we do
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have a high emotional intelligence
- Love problem solving - and complexity is only a plus
- Are product-minded and are used to working agile
- Are impact orientated and understand when you need to be strategic and when you should be tactical
- You love inspiring others to be human and authentic
- Get a deep satisfaction out of unlocking potential in others
- Love learning - about yourself, others, and situations
- Have excellent communication skills
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us when you're working from one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- 25 days of holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer, we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.