Director of Finance Business Partnering
Pleo is rapidly expanding to be the global spending solution for forward-thinking teams everywhere! We’re looking for driven, curious and creative builders to help us fuel and drive this mission as part of our Finance Business Partnering team!
We're searching for a Director of Finance Business Partnering (12-month FTC maternity cover) to join our growing Finance team in our office in Lisbon.
This role will be responsible for partnering with the C Suites and their wider leadership team, driving financial initiatives across the organisation, and leading a high performing team of Finance Business Partners. You’ll accomplish this through building strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
What success looks like in this role!
- Drive financial initiatives across the business, including analysing and reporting on Unit Economics, encouraging a culture of P&L ownership, and automating data and processes
- Lead, develop and mentor a high performing team of Finance Business Partners
- Assist in driving the company towards sustainable revenue growth and profitability
- Automate processes and implement best practices across the Finance Business Partnering function
- Responsible for the monthly calculation and payout of sales commissions
- Reporting on monthly results and helping leaders to identify opportunities for cost optimization and improved Financial KPIs (LTV:CAC, S&M %, ARR/headcount, ARR growth, retention/churn etc)
Here is what you need in order to thrive in this role!
- 8+ years of relevant finance experience. Experience in either Fintech or SaaS businesses is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting; CPA/ CA/ ACCA/ CIMA or post-graduate degree in Finance/MBA is a plus
- Hands-on experience in working with large data, financial modelling and analysis, as well as systems automation
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal) and partnership skills
- Experienced in partnering with senior stakeholders
- Experience succeeding in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly entrepreneurial business environment
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- 25 days of holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.