Cash is old school. Out-of-pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive, and – we're gonna say it – fun 👏
And that's what we're here to do. But we need your help!
Pleo is looking for a person to join our newly established Business Architecture & Technology Team. More on that right below, but for the right candidate, we are open to applications in Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Lisbon, Madrid, or remote 👌
About the role 📌
As part of our growing Revenue Operations department, we have established a team called Business Architecture & Technology. This team will focus on optimizing processes, data, and tools for our commercial part of the business (Marketing, Sales, Partnership CX)
Your role in this will be to help us design and implement new tools to support this. Think of it as this - we need to make sure the commercial aspect of Pleo is happening as smoothly and efficiently as possible. We achieve this through designing and maintaining the tech stack, extensions thereof, and related processes. We are a leading design customer of many of our vendors and always aim to push our tools above and beyond.
In Pleo, Revenue Operations is a cross-functional discipline that goes across many areas, such as the demand and opportunity management process, sales planning and forecasting, as well as monitoring business performance. Hence this is a unique opportunity to learn more about the many different aspects of running a business, the decision processes and prioritisation needed to execute strategic projects, and insights into where the company is going - almost like a front-row seat!
More about our team 🙏
So if you are excited about inter-department collaborations, being part of diverse teams, scaling a company 10x while also having fun in random slack channels, getting creative and running all kinds of experiments while also staying up-to-date on the latest trends in tech, new frameworks and practices, if you like engaging in social activities from Pleo dinners to teaching non-tech people how to code, keep reading. But also remember, while bringing your perspective and diversity, you must also leave your ego by the door.
We believe in autonomy, trust, and support, shaping our teams with a remote-first mindset and being able to work efficiently through CEST and EST time zones. From virtual coffees, to remote-friendly meeting setups, and thorough documentation, you can feel the beat and energy that flows in our offices.
You will be contributing to setting the strategic direction with data-driven decision-making, working with the latest (and greatest!) tools and tech, and improving yourself and others through a dynamic and passionate team working environment.
What we do 🧐
What we try to do is change the workspaces of tomorrow (you know, the space where people spend most of their time!). We think the way that most of us still work today is outdated; we think that it can be better. Here at Pleo we work on painful problems that we see today and try to solve them with a touch of magic.
Our angle to do this is through company spending; we’ve built a product that gives trust and autonomy to all employees: everyone gets a company card and spends company money responsibly. No expense reports. No time wasted. Decentralization of decision-making. Delegation through ownership. That's our focus.
We can't be hypocrites with a product doing one thing and then internally doing another: so the future workplace permeates through the way we work. We certainly aren't perfect, and we're not striving for perfection. Instead, we're striving to be pioneers: we want our product to change workspaces, and so our own workspace is a place of constant change.
What you can expect in the role 💡
- To design, develop, and maintain high-quality, scalable applications and integrations on the HubSpot platform.
- Optimize performance and scalability of HubSpot applications through code refactoring and infrastructure improvements.
- Develop new Kotlin microservices and expand upon existing ones within the product's backend infrastructure.
- Integrate third-party systems via APIs and Webhooks to enable data synchronization and streamline workflows.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to HubSpot configuration, customization, and API integrations.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior developers, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment.
The nitty-gritty skills needed 🎯
- Proficiency with Node.js, and React.
- Solid understanding of API integration methodologies, Webhooks, and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and code collaboration tools.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tools (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, delivering high-quality results within deadlines.
- Familiarity with database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL) and server-side development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and resolve complex technical issues efficiently.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Your colleagues say you ✌️
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Are very curious about the story and the people behind the data
- Continuous learner, systematic
- Empathetic of people and stakeholders
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Show me the benefits! 🥁
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flex benefits package of €2500 per year to spend on whatever you like; courses, tennis lessons.. whatever makes you happy!
- Flexible working remote options
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do 🙌
- Catered lunch if you work from one of our offices, or 'Pleo it' daily if you work remotely
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc. - we'll help (venue, food etc.]
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.