Director, Customer Success
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Director, Customer Success to lead our EMEA team. We will not be successful unless our customers are receiving massive value from our Products and Solutions. As such, we need an experienced director to own driving success for our customers. Ultimately, we’re looking to convey the story of our value proposition by way of strategic business reviews and relationships, bridged by actionable data and results. To be successful in this role, you will need a blend of skills including leadership, influence, business insight, communications, and project management.
Specifically, you will organise, lead and facilitate cross-functional work streams, manage multiple projects in parallel while working closely with key senior leaders. You will be responsible for executing the strategy in your region and an ambassador for improving processes and developing a world-class Customer Success organisation.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- This leadership role will be responsible for managing a team of Customer Success professionals while working with the leadership team (including sales, product, R&D, marketing, and finance) in the region to drive outcomes and efficiency. Within this cross-functional team, the Director of Customer Success will lead and manage the following key activities:
- Develop the people, process, and tooling needed to drive meaningful outcomes in the region. (GRR, NRR, advocacy, risk mitigation, renewals, customer growth)
- Oversee the development and management of strategic account plans that demonstrate deep understanding of our customers and support their growth objectives and our own
- Proactively engage customers around business performance, adoption of best practices and alignment on customers strategic objectives to drive positive outcomes
- Drive customer segmentation in region and drive processes for efficiency across all segments (many: 1 engagement, advisory boards, automated digital touchpoints)
- Leverage data, metrics and insights to build and strengthen the overall Customer Success Playbook
- Collaborate with executive leadership on driving account strategies (including renewals/long term agreement, extensions, creative financing)
- Innovate with internal stakeholders on developing new and effective business insights to enhance powerful storytelling to customers
- Effectively communicate the state of Customer Success (in region) to peers and management through regular readouts
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and customer reference-ability
- Define and Optimise Customer Lifecycle - Map customer journey, Develop listening points in the journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.), define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies, Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Manage Customer Success Activities - Onboarding, Training, Professional Services, Customer Support, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Cross-sell / Up-sell
- Lead World-class Customer Success Team and recruit experienced leaders for each functional role
Your Work Experience
- History of leading high performance regional Customer Success teams
- Ability to build team morale and collaboration efforts to align to a common goal
- Able to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Takes initiative, intellectually curious. Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- An empowered, creative problem solver who is passionate about delivering excellent customer value
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for delivering positive outcomes, revenue, and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset, highly experienced in building and delivering impactful presentations to enterprise executives
- Comfortable with travel to Customers (20% of the time)
- Proven ability to build and develop a customer experience based organisation
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or other CRM platforms & their data structure
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our London office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximise collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, private health insurance, and a pension plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.