Associate HR Business Partner
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With over 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
The Associate HR Business Partner is responsible for driving OwnBackup’s talent agenda for assigned client groups. As a trusted advisor on all People initiatives, this role operates in deep partnership with leadership in each functional area, in a wide range of capacities.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Partner and coach first line through AVP level management to develop and drive plans that optimize talent, structure, process, and culture across the client groups.
- Advise leaders on the implications of short and long-term decisions, strategies, and large-scale change efforts that will yield sustainable business results.
- Successfully and proactively shepherd the client groups through annual planning cycles such as merit, annual review, calibration and talent assessment and workforce planning.
- Support analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the People Ops team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Solid understanding of terminations and investigations is required.
- Support off-boarding processes, including conducting exit interviews and partnering with the client group leadership to action feedback to improve the employee experience.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Focused on maintaining current knowledge of HR best practices, policies and trends. Relentlessly curious with a growth mindset.
- Help to develop and deploy HR policies and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
Your Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of previous HR experience, preferable in an HR Business Partner capacity, in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Solid understanding of HR principles, employment laws and best practices. Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Solutions-focused, empathetic, and collaborative approach to implementing and enhancing people programs and processes to support the business.
- Consultative approach to HR, passion for learning and strong bias for action
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.