Software Engineering Team Lead
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With over 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are seeking an outstanding Software Engineering Team Lead to lead an engineering team that is working on one of our new products.
This is a great opportunity to join a young, VC-backed, fast-growing start-up that encourages its employees to innovate and build high quality products on a high scale.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Overseeing the development of new features and modules
- Mentoring and supporting the personal growth of the engineers in your team
- Lead a team of 4-5 engineers to engineering excellence while building scalable and high-quality software
- participate in hiring processes for the team and entire R&D
- Be part of the R&D management layer and drive the R&D organization to scale
Your Work Experience
- At least 8 years of development and design experience, using languages such as Python / Java / Go
- At least 4 years of experience in managing engineering teams
- Significant experience with B2B SaaS or with Enterprise software
- Experience with large-scale production systems
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully with engineers, product owners and business stakeholders
- Experience in working in a global setting
- You have strong server-side skills and understanding of database systems
- B.Sc. in computer science or an equivalent
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix
- Experience and deep understanding of Agile and Lean product development methodologies
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Hyderabad office to maximise collaboration and interaction with business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, private health insurance, and a pension plan.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customises the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.