Machine Learning Engineer
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup seeks an outstanding Machine Learning Engineer to work with a team of engineers and developers to create and implement machine learning methods to detect and predict anomalies, patterns, and trends. The ML Engineer will also assist with data model development in products to strengthen Machine Learning implementation and performance.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Work with engineers and developers to add value to OwnBackup products with data analytics and problem prediction
- Enhance and expand OwnBackup products to provide customers with insights into their data
- Develop and own validation processes to evaluate ML performance and effectiveness
- Model raw data into clean, tested, and reusable datasets
- Document ML methods and results in ways that are understandable to engineers and customers.
- Assist UX team members integrate data visualizations into OwnBackup products
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Contribute to project scoping, assist in managing project priorities, and informing/escalating appropriately when external factors impact execution
Your Work Experience
- Degree in Statistics-related field OR 5+ years demonstrated experience with basic statistical techniques
- 3+ years creating and using databases and analytics engines, including SQL-like relational databases and Spark and associated tools
- Familiarity with data visualization methods such as tree maps, heat maps, stream maps
- General experience with data cleaning and exploratory analysis, requirements analysis, and detailed reports
- Comfortable meeting, talking to, and working with strangers
- Comfortable working outside of the area of personal knowledge to find out what the data actually means
- Experience maintaining and trouble-shooting IT systems (Unix, Windows) and network support highly desired.
- Strong research and problem-solving abilities are required
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills required
- Experience with writing technical documentation
- Experience with developing and executing automated test procedures
- Experience working with Salesforce, Servicenow, Dynamics CRM, or similar desired
- Previous experience working with a Data Science or ML team desired
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team under aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, convey a strong professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward all assigned work, and strive for continued improvement
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?