Sr. Software Engineer I
Brief summary of role:
Are you passionate about building transformative web applications? Ready to work with a cross-functional team of extraordinary individuals? Hungry for that magical experience when users across the globe interact with your creations? If so, we'd love to meet you! Our dynamic team is in search of a Senior Backend Engineer who has the power to turn code into delightful and robust systems for end-users. Aided by your expertise and our team’s collaborative spirit, there are no limits to what we can build together.
What You'll Do:
- Craft Exceptional Backend Web Applications: Using Java/JVM (Kotlin), you'll be creating the backbone of our products.
- Plan, Estimate, and Build Systems: You won’t just estimate the work required – you’ll plan it, build it, and see it live in action.
- Test and Refine: Prototype systems, run detailed tests, evaluate performance on real-world data, and polish until it shines.
- Collaborate and Learn: Work closely with a tight-knit team of engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders, contributing your individual skills while also growing through the diverse expertise of others.
- Ship and Shine: Deliver real products that people in the real world use. There's no better feeling than knowing your code is making a difference!
What we are looking for:
- An Experienced Software Developer: You have 5+ years of experience in software development, with expertise in Java/JVM (Kotlin). Ideally, you have startup experience, proving your initiative, adaptability, and resilience.
- Cloud Computing: You're proficient with AWS services (EC2, RDS/Aurora, ALBs, SQS, S3, ECR), and familiar with Linux, CI/CD systems (preferably TeamCity), Docker and Dockerfiles, Bash and Python scripting.
- Data Focused: You have extensive experience with RDBMS/SQL, preferably Postgres.
How you like to work:
- Ability to be flexible, work analytically, and manage competing priorities in a high-growth environment.
- Knowledge and mindset for automation and improvements to streamline processes for scalability.
- A proactive approach to problem identification and independently developing/proposing remediation solutions.
- You believe that any downtime is unacceptable and take security and customer privacy seriously.
- Ability to work independently with limited required direction, oversight and guidance on simultaneous projects and teams.
- Dynamic learning and growth mindset
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Ability to self-check work.
Why Join Us?
You'll be at the heart of a cross-functional product team where every day is a collaborative adventure. Here, your work directly contributes to real products that users love, making your code part of something bigger. Our team, supportive and diverse, is driven by a shared mission to create delightful, robust, and magical experiences.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, education, demonstrated capabilities, and geographic location within the state. The following salary range applies to this role.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $165,000 - $190,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan.
This role is also eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health and wellness programs, paid time off, 401(k) retirement account, flexible time off, and paid parental leave. If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
OpenSpace welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community. OpenSpace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.