Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for a Machine Learning engineer to join us in expanding Moveworks NLU capabilities, crystallizing enterprise text into rich and actionable representations to enable magical user experiences and improving Moveworks generative and conversational AI capabilities platform-wide.
As a member of the NLU team, you will have all the tools of modern NLP and NLG at your disposal, from best-in-class LLMs, MLMs, and hybrid vector databases to all the infrastructure needed to fine-tune, evaluate, and serve your own models in production. We are a data-centric team, and you will have the assistance of a world-class annotation team to build error-free, inclusive, and privacy-preserving datasets for model training and evaluation. Your work will impact our team’s core objective to understand every enterprise issue, in deep collaboration with other functions within Moveworks.
If you are looking to do the best work of your career with a bright, dedicated, and impact-driven team alongside you, we’d love to have a conversation.
Who we are:
Moveworks is on a mission to make language the universal UI. We give enterprises a conversational interface that works across every system — from Microsoft to Workday to Salesforce. Powered by GPT-class machine learning models, the Moveworks enterprise copilot learns the unique language of each organization to solve thousands of use cases. Brands like Databricks, Broadcom, DocuSign, and Palo Alto Networks leverage Moveworks’ proprietary enterprise data, out-of-the-box solutions, and intuitive developer tools to bring conversational automation to all aspects of their business.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the 2023 Forbes Cloud 100 list as well as the Forbes AI 50 list for five consecutive years, while also earning recognition as the winner of the 2023 Edison Awards for AI Optimized Productivity, and as the Best Bot Solution at the 2022 AI Breakthrough Awards.
Moveworks has over 500 employees in six offices around the world, and is backed by some of the world's most prominent investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, Bain Capital Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Iconiq, and more.
Come join one of the most innovative teams on the planet!
What you will do:
- Apply machine learning and software engineering to create lasting value for all our customers
- Take on exciting and difficult challenges in NLU, LLM, and conversational agent domains, such as coreference-preserving data masking, RLHF/RLAIF/DPO, fine-tuning LLMs for tool use and enterprise reasoning, machine translation, speech recognition, agent evaluation, active learning of exemplars for few-shot text classification, abstractive summarization, and grounding & verifiability for generated text.
- Push the envelope of Moveworks commitments to responsible AI, expanding our infrastructure for ensuring models work equally well for all people, red-teaming models to ensure they behave safely and as intended, and keeping our ML at the cutting edge of data privacy and security
- Use your knowledge of machine learning fundamentals to design new algorithms and architectures, evaluate them with small scale experiments and productionize your solutions at scale
- Research and develop innovative, scalable and dynamic solutions to hard problems
- Use the latest advances in machine learning and LLMs to enhance our products and create delightful user experiences
- Spend time weekly reading, discussing, and potentially building models out of the latest ML research and open-source code
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to solve problems end-to-end with machine learning, including dataset curation, model training, evaluation, and deployment
- Drive to ship product improvements with production-quality, fully unit-tested code and rigorously-evaluated model updates
- Solid grasp of model evaluation fundamentals, especially for text classification and non-uniform sampling regimes
- Working familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch and LightGBM
- Comfort developing on Mac and Linux with languages like Python, C++, and/or Go
- Knowledge of deep learning architectures and algorithms and leading large language models
- Attention to detail and high standard of data quality for training and especially evaluation datasets
- Desire to work at a startup pace in a medium-sized company with a high degree of ownership
- Strong appetite for continuous incremental wins and completing challenging projects fast
- High level of curiosity about engineering outside of immediate discipline and ongoing desire to learn and stay at the cutting edge of NLU & AI
Nice to haves:
- Experience productionizing ML models at scale
- Experience in AI fairness, privacy, safety, and/or security
- Experience with NLP libraries such as HuggingFace Transformers, PEFT, and SpaCy 3
- Experience iterating on prompts for large language models in a data-driven way
Base Compensation Range: $129,000 - $221,000
*Our total compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions or bonus plans.
Ultimately, in determining pay, final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, the role’s scope and complexity, the candidate’s experience and expertise, and other factors.
Moveworks Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
*Moveworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.