Computer Vision Intern
Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more athttp://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated student to join our Computer Vision (CV) Science team at Hinge Health. You will be part of a team composed of eight highly-skilled CV scientists with a great amount of combined experience. You will be investigating novel approaches to improve upon the monocular 3D Human Pose Estimation engine that enables the use of CV for guided Exercise Therapy. You will be closely mentored by a supportive scientist in our team, while being exposed to several adjacent CV and Machine Learning (ML) tasks. You will have the opportunity to improve your industrial research skills and develop solutions that will potentially benefit millions of members. Moreover, we will attempt to publish any relevant research findings in a high-impact conference or journal.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Research and development of novel ML models for 3D Human Pose Estimation.
- Gain a deep understanding of the state-of-the-art pose estimation solutions and obtain familiarity with the commonly used algorithms and datasets.
- Propose innovative approaches to maximize pose estimation accuracy under privacy-preserving conditions, and learn how to evaluate them fairly.
- Possibility of publication on a top CV venue (e.g. CVPR, ICCV).
- Gain experience about performing scientific research in a consumer-facing and results-driven setting.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Intermediate scientific programming skills in Python.
- Preferably, knowledge of a Machine Learning framework such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Interest and/or experience in Computer Vision.
- Problem-solving ability and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Research experience, as illustrated by peer-reviewed publications in adjacent areas (AI/ML).
- Demonstrable experience with Computer Vision (e.g., public repositories, publications, lecture slides).