SMB Sales Director - West
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Work From Anywhere
For this position the individual has the flexibility to work anywhere, within the US / Canada (use the country tied to the post)
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced sales professional to join our Commercial Team as an individual contributor selling into the employer benefit space within a defined territory. This territory consists of the western half of the US. You must reside in this territory to be considered. You’ll have a unique opportunity to shape Hinge Health’s growth and product. You’ll be involved in every aspect of our commercial process: sourcing & developing leads, driving customers to close and managing relationships with our SMB market customers ( under 2,000 lives). You'll have visibility into the entire company, work side-by-side with our co-founders and product team, and lead commercial strategy sessions.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Work individually, and with Partnerships & Marketing to develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of self-insured employer clients under 2,000 lives in your region.
- Independently take deals from initial conversation to close.
- Collaborate with legal on contract negotiation & signature
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure successful implementation of our program, as well as renewals / upsells.
- Contribute to product roadmap by feeding back the customer's voice
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- This territory consists of the western half of the US. You must reside in this territory to be considered.
- Bachelor degree and at least 3 years of work experience.
- Background in employer sales, with a history of closing large, complex deals with a long sales-cycle.
- Subject matter expertise in healthcare, employee health benefits, chronic disease management, or digital health
- History of consistently attaining / exceeding quota.
- Excellent project management, organization, and communication skills.
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup - ability to innovate, and solve problems creatively
- Desire to learn, grow, develop, and eventually mentor future team members
- Have a sense of humor and like to have fun. We work hard, but we laugh a lot too.
- Start up experience
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- * Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- * Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- * Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*