Staff User Experience (UX) Researcher
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
The Design R&D group is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, program managers, and more. The UX Research Team is a tightly knit, supportive team of researchers with diverse skill sets and backgrounds all unified by a common vision to inspire and influence Hinge Health to deliver novel solutions based on member insights that help our members move beyond pain.
As a Staff User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for leading the design, execution, analysis, delivery, and driving the impact of mixed-methods UX research studies. You will collaborate with cross-functional teammates to design, execute, and deliver research studies that directly influence the development of products that meaningfully improve the lives of our members. You will become the voice of our members in product development discussions by sharing insights into the needs and experiences of our members in a way that compels empathy for their realities and inspires product decisions that always put our members first.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Contribute to our mission of help people move beyond pain by delivering high value, impactful research insights that inspire novel software, hardware, and service solutions to MSK challenges
- Grow your research craft by creatively combining qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis to deeply understand the challenges and needs of our members and their experience with our service to help us improve their everyday lives
- Collaborate closely with a mission-driven team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Data Scientist, Educators, and Clinical Experts to identify high-value research areas that will guide product strategy, development, and design decisions
- Make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members by advocating and building empathy for their needs and understanding of their lived realities throughout the company
- Contribute to the growth of our UX Research practice by peer mentoring fellow team members and leading internal team initiatives to fortify our team’s impact, efficiency, and values
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of experience in user experience research in a fast-paced industry environment
- Deep experience with a broad set of qualitative, quantitative, and user centered research methodologies and experience combining them in novel ways to solve business challenges
- Demonstrated success influencing business/product strategy, roadmaps, service design, and mobile software and wireless hardware solutions through a variety of tactics
- Extremely strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills and proven effectiveness at collaborating and influencing decisions of both cross-functional peers and executive leaders
- Extremely strong research project management skills to accurately scope and estimate a variety of research efforts with the wisdom to see around corners and spot pitfalls before they happen
- Experience working closely with Data Science/Analytics or Business Operations to incorporate behavioral data and business metrics throughout your research practice
- A #learnitall growth mindset of receptivity to feedback and learning, and comfort navigating complexity and ambiguity in a dynamic environment
- Experience in health, medical, fitness, and/or wellness spaces
- Experience with advanced quantitative analysis methods (e.g., regression/driver analysis, kano method/conjoint analysis, discriminant factor analysis/segmentation)
- Conducting research with multilingual populations (and speaking a second language)
- Experience conducting research to inform product marketing, positionin
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*