Director, Client Reporting
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role
We're looking for a Director who can lead our CS Reporting Strategy & Operations team to drive both strategic initiatives and operational excellence by defining and driving forward key reporting project deliverables. This team’s mission is to drive scaling efficiency, enablement, retention, and revenue for the Client Success team, with the focus on developing commercial reporting strategy, operations transformation, and program management of key cross-functional strategic initiatives.
Example project areas include:
- Commercial reporting (e.g. partnering cross-functionally with data, product, marketing, and commercial teams to develop relevant client and partner narratives)
- New revenue / retention strategies (e.g., new products, PG/SLAs)
- Cross-functional representation for product experiment impacts on commercial reporting
- Developing commercial governance around member-level reporting
- Business outcome management
- Scaling and transforming Client Success team reporting operations
The ideal candidate has had a mix of both strategy and operations project experience, with a strong analytical mindset, and experience with team management. Start-up experience is a plus, but not a must as we look for individuals who can thrive in ambiguity. We are looking for an individual who can see the "big picture" but is also willing to roll up their sleeves to help us continuously improve.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Strategy: Provide strategic insights to leadership in order to inform goals and future direction of the Commercial team reporting (CS, Health Services, and Partnerships), with a focus on operating efficiently: conduct internal research, drive analyses of commercial performance / trends, and synthesize information prior to sharing with leadership.
- Cross-Functional: Represent the voice of the customer in cross-functional product meetings to consider the impact to commercial reporting outcomes, most notably with new product rollouts and product experiments. Partner with Analytics to define and iterate on the ideal CS data modeling.
- Operations: Contribute to error-free and efficient day to day execution by directly taking on, documenting, and continuously improving reporting tools and processes for the Commercial team
- Strategic Initiatives Management: Ensure key strategic projects stay on track by leading on key deliverables: encourage cross-functional coordination, provide visibility into key metrics, and ensure required buy-in is in place, including executives
- Team Management: Manage a team of direct reports, holding them accountable to outcomes and deliverables, and empowering them to spend time on high-leverage, proactive work
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Systems thinker: Highly analytical, able to break down a problem. Builds robust models / frameworks aimed at solving problems.
- Storytelling: Able to partner with our product and commercial teams to identify key data points and develop narratives to craft a compelling reporting story to clients and partners. Project Management: Able to manage multiple projects at once from discovery phase to execution within prescribed timelines, ensuring all success criteria are met
- Change management: Able to influence stakeholders to affect process change. Thoughtful approach from planning to monitoring.
- Data Analysis: Able to design, conduct, interpret and present quantitative and qualitative analyses. Proficient excel/Google skills to work efficiently with the data team and ensure quality of data.
- Communicate effectively: Communicate in ways that conveys both clarity of thought and rigor, while being concise - be that via prose or visual aids.
- Think long term: Focus on long-term value vs short term results.
- Make results happen: Measure performance by results and impact, not actions or good intentions.
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Tableau experience
- Consulting / Investment banking experience
- IPO experience
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*