Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Work From Anywhere
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join our finance team. This role will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and be responsible for all areas relating to Inventory Accounting.
DESCRIPTION OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- The ideal candidate will have experience performing inventory accounting procedures in a manufacturing or retail environment where standard cost was utilized. This would include processing and recording inventory transactions, monitoring Purchase Price variances, and updating standard costs.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Own the standard cost process, including defining and rolling up costs
- Monitor and analyze PPV or currency exchange variations
- Evaluate logistics cost components such as hardware taxation, duty drawback, tariff calculations, TCO calculations from a logistical standpoint as well as manufacturing cost, MVA, and overhead
- Work cross functionally with Hardware Operations to reconcile inventory monthly
- Review cost of goods sold for accuracy as part of month-end close
- Develop reports and compile data from multiple systems for financial and supply management that can help drive decisions more efficiently
- Prepare month-end general ledger reconciliations of inventory as well as potential other areas to assist the accounting team during month-end close
- Assist with complex accounting projects and initiatives of other accounting team members
- Support the US GAAP audit by having a general understanding of internal controls and documentation requirements
- Support and execute ad hoc tasks and projects, as needed
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing or retail environment where standard cost was utilized
- Knowledge of NetSuite (especially Inventory Module) including report generation and journal entry posting
- Experience with Bill of Materials Costing and Logistics costs
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to analyze data and provide insights/reporting to various departments
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Understanding of US GAAP as it relates to Inventory and Cost of Goods sold
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity of a fast-paced company - ability to innovate, and solve problems creatively
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience with Arena software
- CPA or on CPA track
- Start-up experience
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*