AWS Lead Security Engineer (Remote)
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Work From Anywhere
For this position the individual has the flexibility to work anywhere, within the US.
About the Role
We are searching for an exceptional AWS Lead Security Engineer with a laser focus on Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security, to drive innovation and fortify HInge Health’s digital assets against potential threats. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the lives of millions revolutionizing the healthcare industry, ensuring utmost security, compliance and privacy.
As an AWS Lead Security Engineer you will be at the forefront of architecting and implementing secure, scalable and cutting-edge solutions on AWS. Your role will be responsible for securing Hinge Health’s digital assets against potential threats while still maintaining seamless accessibility for authorized users. You love the thrill of exploring new technologies and ensuring they meet the highest security standards. Your wealth of AWS expertise, healthcare compliance and agile methodologies, will lead the implementation of top-notch IAM and security best practices to shape the future of a secure and scalable AWS environment. The ideal candidate should be passionate about security and eager to drive change, embrace challenges and take healthcare security to new heights.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Security by design - Employ your deep understanding in AWS service and security best practices to design and implement security by design principles to ensure secure development in the deployment of MSK healthcare applications and services.
- AWS Security Champion of New Services - Take the lead in assessing new AWS services from a security perspective. Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to evaluate the security features and potential risks of each new service, ensuring that only secure services are onboarded.
- Security, Compliance and Regulations. Meet all compliance regulations including HIPAA, privacy and other relevant security frameworks. Ensure that our AWS environment and all new services introduced into our environment, adhere to all relevant compliance obligations. Take a proactive approach to mitigate potential risks
- Identity and Access Management - Design and implement a robust IAM solution enabling secure and granular access controls for users and applications, enforcing least privilege principles, and utilizing Hinge Health’s privileged access management for emergency situations and access escalation procedures.
- Security Governance, Auditing and Assessment - Collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure continuous compliance with security standards. Implement security and IAM governance processes that align with our enterprise security policies. Enhance the security knowledge of engineers, empowering them to contribute to a secure cloud environment.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Technical Expertise - Proven track record as an AWS expert with multiple certifications such as AWS certified solutions architect - Professional
- Innovative Mindset - Stay ahead of the curve by researching, testing and recommending new security tools and practices that align with the latest AWS advancements.
- Security Champion- Define and enforce security best practices for adoption of new AWS services. Work closely with our engineering teams to provide guidance and ensure that services are configured security from the outset.
- Business enablement - Drive the development of automated security assessment processes to efficiently evaluate new services. Endure scalability, enabling seamless onboarding of new services as we grow.
- Collaborative Leadership - Work with cross-functional teams, to create a united front in our mission to secure and innovate our AWS platform.
- Agile methodology - Embrace Agile methodologies to lead in designing, developing and implementing IAM solutions that can quickly adapt to evolving needs. Drive iterative improvements utilizing code to make changes to security configurations.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*