Legal Operations Manager, Contracts
Portland, OR, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Work From Anywhere
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Hinge Health is seeking a Legal Operations Manager, Contracts with a strong background in supporting a high-performing legal team to join the Legal Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated legal ops professional to join the market leader of Digital Health MSK services at a critical phase of the company's growth. Working with the Head of Legal Operations, the position offers the opportunity to work day in and day out with a best-in-class Legal Ops function and a dedicated, talented and welcoming group of legal and compliance professionals. This role will oversee our CLM process to automate, simplify and streamline our contracting processes, create ways to streamline cross functional collaboration, and support the administration, processing, storage, and reporting of our contracts.
A successful candidate will be able to provide creative, collaborative, and solution-oriented commercial legal support throughout the company. This position requires an experienced communicator and problem-solver that is able to prioritize effectively and drive issues to resolution within a team environment focused on growth, execution, and process improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Act as the administrator for our Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) system through building, managing, maintaining and improving legal workflows
- Support contract operations and enforce data integrity by performing quality-check and audits of archived contracts to ensure data is captured and properly completed
- Explore and implement new technologies in support of scale and handling increase in volume (i.e. AI/automation in legal review)
- Provide system and process training to new users, develop and maintain educational materials and provide hands live training to business teams
- Upload historical agreements and ensure the repository is configured for use by all appropriate user groups
- Build a contract clause library in our contract management system to create a self-service platform for contracting
- Support contract intake processes and develop governance to implement system updates, contract template changes, and process change requests
- Partner with commercial operations, corporate IT, finance and sales to identify opportunities to improve contract effectiveness
- Create, analyze, and distribute reports based on legal and business team requirements
- Keep current on the latest legal operations industry trends and developments and identify opportunities to implement best practices
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Previous corporate legal department or law firm experience is required
- 2+ years of experience implementing and/or managing CLMs, and other contracting technologies (Experience with Ironclad highly preferred)
- 4+ years of experience of project management experience driving complex, cross-functional projects
- Experience developing and managing self-service contracts, clause libraries, playbooks, contract repositories, templates, and automation
- Strong communication skills, particularly in the ability to create project plans and summarize requirements and action items
- A collaborative, team player who likes relationship building across the organization
- A problem solver who can anticipate needs and offer solutions
BONUS POINTS (but not required)
- Ironclad skills verification badge
- Experience working with a healthcare technology company
- Experience with contract redlining and negotiation
- Experience with Salesforce and CPQ
- Experience with workflow automation tools
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*