Senior Staff Software Engineer - Fullstack (Senior Architect)
Software Engineering, IT
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:
Hinge Health software engineers work on small interdisciplinary teams focused on different parts of the user journey. Staff fullstack engineers contribute to their team’s success by building and extending secure, scalable services and exposing clear, well-tested APIs that power beautiful client applications. Staff fullstack engineers design and implement end-to-end solutions, profile their systems to stay out ahead of scaling bottlenecks, and help maintain a high bar with thoughtful and constructive code reviews.
Our production systems rely on React Native, React, Node.js, Typescript, NestJS, GraphQL, Docker, Rails, Aptible, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Apollo, and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, and CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Every day, you’ll review 2x more PRs than you open
- Every sprint, you’ll design and incrementally deliver meaningful, complex features
- Every month, you’ll resolve a couple performance and scaling bottlenecks, balancing feature development with long-term tech investments to keep the platform healthy and nimble
- Every quarter, you’ll help define the objectives and key results that will shape your team’s roadmap
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 14+ years of software engineering experience with backend/platform preference. Frontend development experience is a plus
- Expertise with AWS ecosystem, and enabling teams to develop and deploy applications leveraging AWS services in cost effective ways with infrastructure automation and streamlined CI/CD
- Expertise in building and deploying Kubernetes based software systems is a must
- Hands-on fullstack web application development with expertise in handling large and complex client-server architecture
- Experience with breaking up a monolithic application/services into microservices
- Delivery: Ability to break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones
- Domain Expertise: Experience with distributed microservices architecture built in Docker containers utilizing Node.js/Typescript and/or Ruby on Rails. Experience with React and/or React Native with Apollo client and Redux
- Problem Solving: Business intuition that informs right-sized solutions, thoughtful trade offs, and game-changing innovation
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Leadership: A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with healthcare data and building healthcare compliant (HIPAA) services and data lakes. A focus on building platform services, data modeling, data integration, master and metadata management along with life cycle management
- Expertise in low-latency, highly resilient client-server architecture, including graceful degradation of features in low or no-bandwidth modes
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*